Beer you just don't like/can't drink

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a bottle of Land of Liberty AIPA from Aldi earlier, it went down the sink, talk about pale and insipid.. Also tried their Red Rye IPA, and my wife actually had an allergic reaction to one of them..... So there's 2 more on the list to never buy again... :lol:

While neither of them would win any awards I'm amazed you found them sink-worthy. If I'm in Aldi now I'l get the Redwell West Coast Pale Ale every time, but I definitely don't mind either of the others you mention.

How long have you had it for? I did the one out of the Greg Hughes book (more SMaTH than SMaSH, I think) and it tasted like cat **** at first. Three months later it's delicious!

Brewed in June. I came across the crate the other night but my excitement was short lived. Must of ballsed that one up. :doh:
I will try a small batch again sometime.

Wadworths 6x
I live near where it's brewed and every pub round here is Wadworths. Guaranteed gut rencher!

While neither of them would win any awards I'm amazed you found them sink-worthy. If I'm in Aldi now I'l get the Redwell West Coast Pale Ale every time, but I definitely don't mind either of the others you mention.

I didn't mind the red rye bud, I was however surprised to taste a commercial beer with a liquorice tang....:lol: Was my wife who couldn't stand that one. It's just not one I'd buy again.

The IPA though was fizzy water, with just a tiny hint of bitterness. Oddly the aroma was chocolatey, which given it's supposed to be the usual citrus/tropical fruit aroma, according to the label, you get with a US IPA was a big surprise. But it literally had no flavour, less than a cheap stubby lager (which can be nice when you are mega thirsty on a hot summers day, and just want something to quench your thirst)... My wife handed me hers too (she didn't like it, plus she was having some sort of allergic reaction to one of them) but I just poured the lot down the toilet and drank a bottle of my still very young Youngs AIPA to remind myself what good beer tastes like. :lol: Given the aroma of chocolate I got, could be I was unlucky and got a couple of dodgy bottles. I have a much more sensitive sense of taste and smell than my wife, who couldn't smell anything at all (to go with the absence of flavour...). This is why she can usually drink beer that I can't stand at all (eg. Carling Black Label... Although personally I hesitate to call that gut rot beer... lol).

I’ll tell you a **** beer

Anything by Batemans brewery
Overrated ****

Wild beer co smoke n barrels

Taste like really salty beer , which is as turns out is what it is.

Attachments

• 20180201_112307.jpg
    20180201_112307.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts

Back