i am off the ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerlad

Reaction score
Last edited:
I had a work colleague a few years back who had moobs, he drank Smirnoff Ice's exclusively and that was it! So conclusive proof hops don't give you moobs :thumb:

Good job it's got nothing to do with drinking too much, eating too much and lazing around on the sofa too much as I am definitely guilty of all three. I might have to move the sofa nearer to the fridge or vice versa.

I've always heard that alcohol is oestrogenic, I'm not sure to what degree as I can't remember the study. I do know that fanatic anti-drinking groups have latched onto the idea and are pushing it hard.

It's also an idea that is supported among some body builders and gym goers.

I’m a former personal trainer and strength coach and currently compete as a powerlifter so have some knowledge on this. Alchohol us thought to negatively effect test levels by oxidative damage and by increasing levels of cortisol (more with heavy drinking) alchohol is also responsible for an increase in activity of an enzyme called aromatase, which can convert test to oestrogen. Foods also in this group include chocolate, yoghurt milk and cheese. So a diet heavy in all of these foods could have an impact on body fat levels, however the most important factor to consider is total calorie intake. If you are in a calorie deficit (eating less than you expend) then it’s basically impossible for you to gain body fat in any area, so no man boobs.

Latest posts

Back