DIY AG kit cost

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephent

Reaction score
If i was looking to start brewing AG, how much do you think a basic diy it would cost to make? Do i just need a boiler and a mash tun?

We made all our AG stuff from scratch apart from the bruheat boiler which was about £63 our mash tun is a 5 gallon fv wrapped in the silver reflective stuff you put behind radiators then we wrapped 3 layers of bubble wrap around and taped. When we mash we wrap the mash tun in an old quilt. When you have the tun and boiler your almost there just a fv and a few bits to buy :cheers:

My boiler is a 60litre plastic FV, two kettle elements and a ball valve tap and some copper pipe for hop filter - cost approx 50quid, my tun is a 30litre coolbox with another tap and copper pipe for the filter - cost approx 50quid as well, leftover copper pipe and t`s and elbows sufficent to build another filter.

Thats all you need :thumb:

IMGP2133.jpg
IMGP2263.jpg
IMGP2282.jpg

I built MY BREWERY for less than £100. HLT is an old FV with kettle element inserted. Boiler was purchased from EBay at a bargain price. Mash Tun is a converted Asda Cool Box. You could do if for half that im sure. When buying things like taps/pipe fittings etc dont use B&Q there expensive go to Buildbase or the like. Much cheaper.

Latest posts

Back