Everyones next planned brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!
I want to have a crack at Fiery Ginger Beer, but I think the next brew will be Coopers Chocolate Milk Stout with Meridian Malt Extract, lactose and a Bramling Cross hop tea and chocolate essence (cocoa nibs soaked in vodka) added just before bottling.

Had a trawl through DIY Dog recipes to find one that fits to use my hop stash. Moshi Moshi fits the bill, although won't be dry hopping with quite those amounts..

Grain
Extra pale 3kg (using golden promise and slightly more)
Munich 0.13kg
Crystal 150 0.19kg
Caramalt 0.88kg

Hops
(g)
Columbus 2.5 Start Bitter
Columbus 3.5 Middle Flavour
Centennial 6 Middle Flavour
Columbus 18.5 End Flavour
Centennial 18.5 End Flavour
Columbus 100 Dry
Hop Aroma
Centennial 100 Dry
Hop Aroma
Cascade 100 Dry
Hop Aroma

Wyeast 1056 - American Aleâ„¢

VOLUME 20L
BOIL VOLUME 25L
ABV 5.2%
TARGET FG 1011
TARGET OG 1048
EBC 35
SRM 17.5
PH 4.4
ATTENUATION
LEVEL 77.1%

Some Munich malt in this beer will lift
the biscuity backbone, and provide
much needed balance to the heavy
hitting US hops.

jaysus don't blame you - if I was to purchase at our LHBS the hops alone would cost me about £15....

Going to be a 10l-15l brew of the honey porter from the GH book for me at the weekend and just done the elderflower ale from the same book for the 3rd time

Will prob wait now for at least a month...by then hopefully ill have a propane burner and will have modified my cool box to a mash tun...so first AG recipe ideas are more than welcome in the meantime....i have plenty of cascade, liberty and styrian leftover from this weekend's brew!

I'm not sure what to do next.

I've done two extract pale ales, an extract 'experiment' and an AG Amarillo single hop ale in the FV.

I'm short of storage space for finished beer. I have one keg, and a few bottles. Not enough for two brews.

I'm tempted to buy a sack of maris otter and a few kilos of carapils and try more single hop ales, but need to resolve storage first. On the cheap as I am changing jobs this month!

I've got my Amarillo left to use after my next brew. Can it be used for bittering as well as flavour/aroma? Did you use just a pale malt? I'm thinking of doing this

I'm not sure what to do next.

I've done two extract pale ales, an extract 'experiment' and an AG Amarillo single hop ale in the FV.

I'm short of storage space for finished beer. I have one keg, and a few bottles. Not enough for two brews.

I'm tempted to buy a sack of maris otter and a few kilos of carapils and try more single hop ales, but need to resolve storage first. On the cheap as I am changing jobs this month!

I've got my Amarillo left to use after my next brew. Can it be used for bittering as well as flavour/aroma? Did you use just a pale malt? I'm thinking of doing this

Yes, the recipe was from Greg Hughes book, I adjusted it slightly so I wasn't left with odd amounts of grain:

5kg Maris Otter
250g Carapils
54g of hop at boil
27g at 55 minutes
27g at 65 minutes
83g at end of boil. (I added when temp was below 80)

Yes, the recipe was from Greg Hughes book, I adjusted it slightly so I wasn't left with odd amounts of grain:

5kg Maris Otter
250g Carapils
54g of hop at boil
27g at 55 minutes
27g at 65 minutes
83g at end of boil. (I added when temp was below 80)

I did my first ever AG with Challenger and Amarillo. Nothing near those amounts though . Thought Amarillo was a lovely hop so I'd be happy to do one like this. Thanks

next one will be a Barley Wine. a tested recipe.
dark, malty and toasty, with a hint of fruity hops

Well, tomorrow I will be doing my first BIAB. Got the American Pale Ale mash kit with the BIAB starter set from the Homebrew company and seeing as I haven't got any hose connectors yet I'll be using the no-chill method:whistle:.

Looking forward to doing my first all grain in five or six years!

KG

Going to do my fourth small extract brew,, possibly bank hol monday, 6 litres of another IPA type beer using all bramling cross hops both in boil and as dry hop, got the idea from the brew dog recipes, yup know it's not going to be the same or even near it,but have plenty of the hop pellets to use up, soooooooo:)
Planning one more small batch, will give a bitter or a mild a crack i think before a go at a small AG before the summer kicks in.
So far my one bottled hoppy IPA and another finishing(had a taste) and a stout finishing again have had a swig:lol: are all way better than the kits i have done.

best wishes on your move to AG. For 20litre+ batches it takes up too much extra time and space which is something i'm always short of. But even if you stay with AG you always have the option to knock out a quick extract brew if fancy.

I do either full extract or extract with grains depending on what I want to drink.

With the British weather always being the same I decided to make a Winter warmer.

Not that it's cold, the beer just tastes good.

I am however going to make a Kölsch, a great tasting beer and a little reminder of Cologne.

Festival old Suffolk strong ale is the next brew I'm doing may start it later today I'm just cleaning my gear ready to bottle and keg my 80 points of summer ale

I miss my dark ale but only drink them in winter I love a good porter atom beer do an amazing one

Latest posts

Back