Extra fermentables

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kman

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just received one of the new coopers IPA kits and it recommends another 1.5kg of malt extract. I've got a brew enhancer 2 knocking around so was thinking I could use that, should I also add another 500g of spraymalt or leave it an brew short?

I've just received one of the new coopers IPA kits and it recommends another 1.5kg of malt extract. I've got a brew enhancer 2 knocking around so was thinking I could use that, should I also add another 500g of spraymalt or leave it an brew short?

I think it will turn out OK with a brew enhancer. If you want to add spraymalt, you might brew it to 24 or 25L. Without it and just the brew enhancer, maybe 20-21L. To be honest, it will be fine whatever as the Coopers kits make pretty decent beer, especially so for the patient!

just put one of these together myself at the weekend Kman, used 500g spraymalt and 750g of dextrose and made it to the full 23 ltrs to give an og of 1.053, I did use a wyeast 1056 smack pack though, first time using this yeast, went off like a rocket, currently sitting in the fridge at 18deg, I'll be dryhopping this one with east kent goldings. smells great, looking forward to this one !

just put one of these together myself at the weekend Kman, used 500g spraymalt and 750g of dextrose and made it to the full 23 ltrs to give an og of 1.053, I did use a wyeast 1056 smack pack though, first time using this yeast, went off like a rocket, currently sitting in the fridge at 18deg, I'll be dryhopping this one with east kent goldings. smells great, looking forward to this one !

Sounds great, not tried liquid yeast yet going to wait till I get my ace boiler for that

Back