Driving to France soon? Read on ..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The city of Paris is introducing a system of vehicle stickers to help curb pollution in the city.

It is explained in this Telegraph article ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201..._content=&eid=AJ91449798717472968639536504217

... but basically it means that in the very near future every vehicle (lorry down to scooter) will be required to display a "Pollution Sticker" that shows the vehicle's pollution criteria.

Other cities across France are expected to roll out similar schemes over the next year or so. The stickers cost €4 each and the fine for not displaying one will be €68 to €135.

It is expected that on peak pollution days the highest polluting vehicles will be banned from city centres; but, unlike London, there will be no Toll system.

You can apply for your Pollution Sticker here ...

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/..._content=&eid=AJ91449798717472968639536504217

Enjoy! :whistle:

What about horse and cart or donkeys , will they have to have a bucket strapped to there arses and wear a straw hat

They will be selling dodgey ones on ebay withing a week of the start just buy the one with the lowest figure for a car. :lol:

All scooters, cars and lorries now require a sticker showing how much they pollute on their windscreens. Those with high pollution scores face being barred from entering the French capital on days when pollution is high.

As the owner a 1998 Transit Diesel motorhome, I can guarantee that it comes into the highest possible pollution category; despite passing the MoT with flying colours.

I reckon that by 2020, it will be banned from the centre of most major cities across Europe and attract the Police (and subsequent fines) like wasps to a jam-pot!

On this basis, I reckon it will be €4 well spent. :thumb:

As the owner a 1998 Transit Diesel motorhome, I can guarantee that it comes into the highest possible pollution category; despite passing the MoT with flying colours.

I reckon that by 2020, it will be banned from the centre of most major cities across Europe and attract the Police (and subsequent fines) like wasps to a jam-pot!

On this basis, I reckon it will be €4 well spent. :thumb:
If you need a push start let the forum know you know, what I mean know:grin:

Not sure if we have any mechanics on here but the emissions test in the MOT must be sooo easy to pass, I regularly see cars emitting thick black smoke and either they have passed or have no MOT at all!

Well, my landrover has always passed the emissions test and you literally pour diesel in one end and it sprays it out in a thick cloud out of the exhaust...

I'am going to De cat my landrover 👍

And if you don't display a sticker, French Police, air traffic controllers, farmers, ferry workers and hospital staff will all go out on immediate strike. You have been warned.

My old dad had the right idea, he reckoned that you should never drive abroad if you had no previous experience, I tried explaining to him that you had to go the first time but he couldn't let it go.
" Don't go unless you have been before " was his final word!

Can't really fault it.

Latest posts

Back