Thanks Theresa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few points for thought after reading a handful of comments on here.

UKIP have gone the right wing route with a call for full face burkas to be banned n public.

No one gets anywhere in politics without being very strong willed and being prepared to "do what it takes" to win.

Article 50 has been triggered. Any back tracking on that by undemocratic remainers will result in a huge backlash from the majority that voted for it.

Brighton Kemptown constituency may have a transgender Labour candidate.

...and which bit of that statement do you consider the most important or should I say repellent, transgender , Labour or both?

UKIP have gone the right wing route with a call for full face burkas to be banned n public.

No one gets anywhere in politics without being very strong willed and being prepared to "do what it takes" to win.

Article 50 has been triggered. Any back tracking on that by undemocratic remainers will result in a huge backlash from the majority that voted for it.

UKIP had nowhere else to go. They'd achieved their single policy and seen it nicked off them by the Tories. They couldn't conceivably develop into the middle ground because they'd lose their core appeal, and they don't have credible candidates for that direction of travel. Oh, and their "leader" is a clown.

I wish people would stop talking about "undemocratic remainers". The arguments have been bandied about for so long, it's boring. The reality will be with us soon enough. Then we can talk about the impact of the decision, rather than the marginal majority of the referendum.

Finally, why would a transgender candidate be a problem for anyone?

I wish people would stop talking about "undemocratic remainers". The arguments have been bandied about for so long, it's boring. The reality will be with us soon enough. Then we can talk about the impact of the decision, rather than the marginal majority of the referendum.

Couldn't stand either campaign but isn't it the remain side who won't give up the right to fight ect, although I have a sneaky suspicion had the majority pushed the other side, they would not be so accommodating.

I agree with your sentiments, lets just hope it works out and see where we are.. I too am fed up with it, couldn't pick a side before and all this thing has bought us is hate and intolerance and to my surprise it is from both sides of the argument.

I also think none of them in parliament serve us either.. Labour and Torys are the two sides of the same coin in different colours if you ask me.

Hi!
Interesting point made on Farcebook - if the investigation into election expenses fraud came to fruition, the MPs involved would lose their seats. The government would no longer have a majority and, according to the rules, the Sovereign then calls on the Leader of the Opposition to form a government.
Now, just why did she call a snap election?

UKIP had nowhere else to go. They'd achieved their single policy and seen it nicked off them by the Tories. They couldn't conceivably develop into the middle ground because they'd lose their core appeal, and they don't have credible candidates for that direction of travel. Oh, and their "leader" is a clown.

Finally, why would a transgender candidate be a problem for anyone?

Its a reason that no one should support UKIP now.

There was a comment by a remainer on here about trying to stop us leaving the EU. It was the biggest margin in any election held in this country, hardly marginal. And not accepting the results of the referendum is imo undemocratic whether you agree with the result or not.

I never said a transgender candidate was a problem, but its the constituency I am in and the first ever in this country. We currently have a Tory MP known locally as Swiss Toni after The Fast Show character. Im not expecting to vote for either, but my vote (if I bother) will be based on policies, not he person.

I never said a transgender candidate was a problem, but its the constituency I am in and the first ever in this country. We currently have a Tory MP known locally as Swiss Toni after The Fast Show character. Im not expecting to vote for either, but my vote (if I bother) will be based on policies, not he person.

Didn't mean to imply you said it was a problem. It was an open question.

:)

Hi!
Interesting point made on Farcebook - if the investigation into election expenses fraud came to fruition, the MPs involved would lose their seats. The government would no longer have a majority and, according to the rules, the Sovereign then calls on the Leader of the Opposition to form a government.
Now, just why did she call a snap election?

:whistle: as if the thought entered her head :whistle:

I don't think 'he person' is the correct terminology.[emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It's a round world, and people are pretty much the same all over.

I get that. I understand if things don't sit easily sometimes. That's a very human reaction to change. The trick is what you do and say in response. Some things you may accept, some you may not. Accepting new concepts that make no material difference to your own life, and cause no intrinsic harm, but relate to the free living of someone else’s life......seems, generally, positive to me.

I guess I'm in the minority these days - a sign of the times maybe. But I'm old and set in my ways and all this multiculturism/transgenderism etc etc does not sit easy with me. I can't help the way I feel..... ring a bell?

Dont worry about it. I grew up in Kemptown from the late 70's to early 90's and if I told you what it was really like you would be shocked and this thread would be shut down. Ill leave it at that.

I think you got this completely wrong.

for me Theresa is doing a sterling job and that is sticking up for GB PLC and representing the majority of the country post referendum,she can do no more than that.the majority like it or lump it has to take precedent no matter how small or large it may be.i have never in all my years voted tory but will in june to carry this brexit majority through

I have a small business and Theresa is not doing anything for me. Business rates are up and I will have to pay tariffs on imports and exports if she drives a hard Brexit. Already paying more for my imported goods and thats killing me.

Back