Closing ceremony

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably of the minority but I've thoroughly enjoyed the entire olympics, from the opening ceremony right through to the close.

Thoroughly enjoyed the last fortnight and very proud of what the nation has accomplished.

It's producing some great Facebook stuff. Rivals Eurovision!

I have to agree with scott I have enjoyed it too! ;)
You lot must be getting to old! :rofl:

dennisking said:
Eric Idle, brilliant.

We had a laugh in chat guys - should have been there :lol:

The bit with Freddie Mercury worked well despite him being dead 21 years :shock: - now I feel old :lol:

The opening was good, both the memsahib & I loved most of it...but the closing was a little flat. What was with all the newspaper on the car?????? and the Pet shop boys

Watched the closing ceremony last night and two things struck me.

The first was a conversation that must have happened in Locog...

"What to you mean you've spent the whole £27M Mr Boyle? That was for BOTH ceremonies..."

The second was that I didn't think the closing ceremony could get any weirder... then Brazil happened... :wha:

Seriously the only two parts of the whole thing that were slightly dissappointing were the closing ceremony (it was never going to come close to the opener but still, it was a little strange and a little lame) and that ruddy logo.

Everything else, and I mean everything was just brilliant. The athletes, performances, organisation (with the minor exception of a Korean flag mix up), the beeb's coverage, the opening ceremony, the sports that I knew nothing about (who knew that dressage was quite so entertaining?), the venues and all the individual stories surrounding it, like the guy who was a steward as a Scout in '48 and again at 2012, the relay runner whose broken leg only shaved a second off his time and so many more...

...bring on the Paralympics!

yes a great success all round

Just a shame none of the 27 million plus wasn't spent on providing accommodation, expenses etc for the people that made it such a success, the Volunteers.
Boyle and party I bet pocketed a goodly sum they will not have done it for free.

Fave part... the little mini's!!

Sneaky way to get some advertising in under the IOC's strict advertising rules!

ok the atheletes were amazing as well. And the people in London have actually been nice :shock:

Back