hello from scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brydo

Regular.
Reaction score
hi guys, i think this site is great. i have been reading some of the threads before i signed up and all the information is really interesting. i was in amsterdam on holiday in october 2014 and visited the heineken brewary, and as soon as i came home wanted to get started with a home brew kit. unfortunately i had mentioned it to my girlfriend and she said she would get me one for christmas so i had to wait two months before i could start. anyway its up and running and i cant wait to try it. im sure i will be bothering you all with questions soon so any help would be much appreciated. cheers guys

hi guys, i think this site is great. i have been reading some of the threads before i signed up and all the information is really interesting. i was in amsterdam on holiday in october 2014 and visited the heineken brewary, and as soon as i came home wanted to get started with a home brew kit. unfortunately i had mentioned it to my girlfriend and she said she would get me one for christmas so i had to wait two months before i could start. anyway its up and running and i cant wait to try it. im sure i will be bothering you all with questions soon so any help would be much appreciated. cheers guys

Hi, I am in Glasgow, the forum is awesome, the members are really helpful, they have so much experience and are very helpful and patient with noobs like you and I - wish you well.

First Top Tip.......Brew beers that suit your water. Check out your water PH (available on-line). This is not 100% nessasary (sp) with kits, but it helps.
And Welcome.

im sure i will be bothering you all with questions soon so any help would be much appreciated.
Welcome to the forum :cheers:

If members didn't ask questions the forum would be like a ghost town, it will be no bother at all when you ask your questions. :thumb:

thanks guys for the welcome, glad to be here and looking forward to posting results of my home brews

Glasgow Newb here too! Patiently waiting for my first batch of American Pale Ale to begin fermenting (and praying it tastes like Sierra Nevada's!).

Welcome brydo, I'm a newbie too from edinburgh . Bottled an Aussie lager and have John bull in the fv.
Good luck.

hey guys - i am in the exact same position as brydo.

Got a kit for Christmas and going to give it a bash tonight.

thats the first brew bottled. i used one carbonation drop per 330ml bottle, one and a half per 500ml bottle. storing at around 12 degrees in my cupboard and hopefully be able to try one after a week, just to check but planning on leaving them for closer to three weeks.

Good to hear from so many new brewers in Scotland hope you all enjoy the experience, and sharing. Cheers from Coatbridge.

Back