fav brew tubers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I watch these channels, the more I realise that most people are just re-hashing the same information over and over again. It's rare now that I come across anything new.

Saying that, I have no idea why someone would want to stick themselves on youtube in the first place.

I still find craigtube entertaining, I do like his quirky videos and style although his brewing I do think is sometimes a little defensive..

He brews a lot of coopers canadian blondes and feels the need to be very defensive about brewing kits every video.. In fairness he probably gets a few trolls, He also sometimes appears to be drinking them after a week in the FV.. I swear once he was drinking a beer 6 days after he pitched the yeast.

But I do enjoy his video styles, I suspect thought from his last video his next one might be slightly fueled my a comment I made. last week he brewed what he said was a saison and said it was a light easy drinking beer like his canadian blonde, and he used fermentis s33..

I commented that it wouldn't actually capture the funkiness and spiciness of a saison but should be a nice beer anyway.. his next video he said he wants to talk about styles and people getting too hung up on them.

You have a point though. I like Craigtube but I'd rather somebody didn't speak as an authority when they aren't sure themselves.

Also, there is nothing wrong with extract brewing and he's got a huge number of people into it. I'm sorry that he feels the need to be defensive about it all the time.

The funniest is a guy called takesomeadvice who had a mini feud with craigtube. His videos are a mix of lack of knowledge and arrogance which manifests itself as him talking to his viewers like they are idiots/children.

His three 10 min video rants on cleaning are classics.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLZHyNWNhIM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLZHyNWNhIM[/ame]

He hasn't been active for 5 years bit well worth a trawl through.

You have a point though. I like Craigtube but I'd rather somebody didn't speak as an authority when they aren't sure themselves.

Also, there is nothing wrong with extract brewing and he's got a huge number of people into it. I'm sorry that he feels the need to be defensive about it all the time.

Yeah that is it really, A lot of Brewtubers are mostly AG which I do enjoy watching but craig is more accessible to newer brewers or brewers who just will not do AG.. I have just stuck with him..

Mark my words his video tomorrow or friday will be about how we shouldn't get hung up on whether or not what he brewed was a saison or not..

I didn't say anything bad or critise him I even said it should be a nice beer (which to be fair it probably will). I just pointed out that if someone was making me a saison or I was making a saison I would want or hope to capture that style which I think is pretty unique.. and to me is nothing like a coopers canadian blonde.

I know I know I shouldn't premeditate but I get the feeling he is going to be perhaps a little defensive over it when he really doesn't need to be.. He did sort of acknowledge what I said so hopefully he re-enforces that.

To be fair, there are style guidelines for a reason. I have no issue with not brewing to style, in fact I find that's when I'm having the most fun, but I'd agree with you that sometimes you have to recognise factors that differentiate beers stylistically.

I saw your comment about the S-33 and agreed instantly. It's not about saying that he's wrong or that it won't be a nice beer. It's about being clear that it won't really be like a saison because yeast makes the saison.

He does get defensive, but again, I don't think he has any reason to. He's done a great job over the years and he doesn't really claim to be a guru.

Old Farts Brewery
Brewmaster Ben
...for me
informative and honest
old fart creases me up!
The American stuff I find ridiculous

The funniest is a guy called takesomeadvice who had a mini feud with craigtube. His videos are a mix of lack of knowledge and arrogance which manifests itself as him talking to his viewers like they are idiots/children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLZHyNWNhIM

Ill have to watch these :lol:

I watch most of the UK brewtubers and some others Craigtube included, some of the UK ones i went off as they seem to do beer reviews, which are ok if you want to see what others think of a beer you have tried but gets a little tedious for me.

Cheers
Jay :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLZHyNWNhIM

Ugh. That was the worst.

Well as he hasn't been mentioned so far - I subscribe to someone called `Lakeybloke Brewery' - who is fairly entertaining in a rambling sort of way. One of his vids is for an extract clone of Adnams Ghost Ship. I made an AG version following his recipe and it's absolutely excellent.

Hi!
A couple of points:
There are too many "how to" vids that end with the FV and we never see the finished product.
I'm tired of clicking on a vid and getting 20 minutes of a talking head, or a camera being thrown around (have they never heard of tripods?)

Hi!
A couple of points:
There are too many "how to" vids that end with the FV and we never see the finished product.

I agree with that. Even linking to the finished product video would make a big difference. It can be quite difficult to go searching for the follow-up.

I do like brew master ben, he isn;t afraid to laugh off a mistake and doesn't seem to take things too seriously.
Unfortunately he's always giggling,which, if I had to work with him would drive me crazy. But do like him and the fast forward button!!

For some reason I tend to enjoy the Aussie brewers, no messing around, a bit of humour and they tend to deliver the goods when you don't want to sit through ten minutes of self indulgence or nursery school humour. Gash Slugg who does the Cellar Dwellers is brilliant and easily my favorite.

Latest posts

Back