HBC delivery by DPD

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheazy_joe

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ordered some stuff from Homebrewcompany, tracked delivery by DPD who sent me a message saying it had been delivered to my neighbour, but neglected to tell me who or leave a card through my door. Aye very good! Now I know it wasn't the direct neighbour either side, and the house across the road is empty. Do I just wait or go chapping every door in the fecking street??

Pain, I've got a day off tomorrow and wanted to get a brew on the go, but need the starsan from the delivery.

Have sent them an email through their website but they are closed for the night. Looks like I'll have to wait. I've only got the morning tomorrow so looks like brew day is cancelled.

did they not text you with a delivery slot time ??

thats what i usually get from them along with the couriers details if something needs changed

Ordered some stuff from Homebrewcompany, tracked delivery by DPD who sent me a message saying it had been delivered to my neighbour, but neglected to tell me who or leave a card through my door. Aye very good! Now I know it wasn't the direct neighbour either side, and the house across the road is empty. Do I just wait or go chapping every door in the fecking street??

Pain, I've got a day off tomorrow and wanted to get a brew on the go, but need the starsan from the delivery.

Ya thinks that's bad ! Try getting stuff delivered to a Scottish Island that isn't an island anymore !

I'd get on with your brew and use very hot water, I've been a bit more 'relaxed' with my hygiene recently (brewing I mean !), relatively speaking ,and not suffered any mishaps from such....

did they not text you with a delivery slot time ??

thats what i usually get from them along with the couriers details if something needs changed

Yeah I did, so instructed them to leave it with a neighbour, any neighbour. Problem is, as I said, I don't know who has it, and the mystery neighbour hasn't bothered bringing it over to me. Didn't get the couriers details other than first name.

Ya thinks that's bad ! Try getting stuff delivered to a Scottish Island that isn't an island anymore !

I'd get on with your brew and use very hot water, I've been a bit more 'relaxed' with my hygiene recently (brewing I mean !), relatively speaking ,and not suffered any mishaps from such....

Deepest darkest Lanarkshire is bad enough!

Like redron says either use boiling water to sanise stuff (I know Crw666 does this) or if you've got a supermaket near you get some milton fluid (which you'll need to rinse off everything) or get some of that thin 29p bleach and use it dilute (which you'll also need to dilute, milton is just basically very dilute bleach) I'm sure a bit of googling will tell you how much to dilute it down by

mines called Clem..

ping him first thing..

i have maybe been lucky but never had an issue with DPD cant say same with other carriers.

Like redron says either use boiling water to sanise stuff (I know Crw666 does this) or if you've got a supermaket near you get some milton fluid (which you'll need to rinse off everything) or get some of that thin 29p bleach and use it dilute (which you'll also need to dilute, milton is just basically very dilute bleach) I'm sure a bit of googling will tell you how much to dilute it down by

I always use thin bleach.

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/s...ght=Cleaners+Sterilisers+Dilution+Rates+Guide

So I went to put the recycling out this morning,and there staring at me at the side door was my delivery. Cheers driver for letting me know you had hit it there behind the bin!
I suspect he was already thinking about his next delivery, and at least he didn't leave it on his van and take it back to the depot....

So I went to put the recycling out this morning,and there staring at me at the side door was my delivery. Cheers driver for letting me know you had hit it there behind the bin!

Something similar happened me a lot of years ago,,,,

Other half at the time bought me a subscription to a photography magazine and was a free gift of a camera bag..

it was meant to be delivered a few weeks later ...

time passed no bag...

mailed company and a new one was sent..(a better one i may add) and an apology.

never gave in much more thought..

when the better weather came around did a bit about the garden and went to put stuff in brown bin,,,

bloody postman had put missing bag in the bin ..sat there for bloody months...

was a bit damp and needed a good clean...

I had something similar happen a couple of months ago. I was going to be at work, so chose the "leave with a neighbour" option when I got an email.

As it happened, my eldest was at home after all, but I didn't change the option. I then got an email to say that no neighbours were at home and it had been returned to the depot. I know at least three immediate neighbours were home, plus my daughter who didn't see any delivery van come into our close (containing just 9 houses).

I suspect he needed to make up time and just used the chance to skip my delivery, but had no proof, so just had to swallow it...until now that is and I feel so much better for finally getting it off my chest:D

Back