What do you do for a living.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am retired done 22 years in the 17/21st Lancers (Death or Glory Boys) then worked for British Railways as a Train Driver ended up driving the Big Deltics on the east cost line and other long distance Lines (That is when we had a Railway not the **** we have now):doh:. Ended up a Manager of a industrial park. Just got into this brewing Lark and I am loving it :thumb: and the help I get from you guys

was posted at Nottingham TA with a lot of Lancers, and met loads of them during 22 years as 15th/19th KRH & The Light Dragoons.
the names would endless pal..when did you get out..?

Job title is Residential Social Care Worker. I work with children and young adults with severe learning and behavioural difficulties.
It's an amazing job isn't it?

🖒

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

was posted at Nottingham TA with a lot of Lancers, and met loads of them during 22 years as 15th/19th KRH & The Light Dragoons.
the names would endless pal..when did you get out..?

I will start from the beginning in 1964 when I was 15 at our school they used have career conventions where all the company's local to our area and all the armed forces where I saw the army stand So I decided there and then to join the Royal Marines because my Dad was in them during the war. Well cut a long story short I failed the test so went across the road to join the Army came out top in the test and told what regiment would i like to join. with My Dads voice ringing in my ears saying chose one with a trade so i could have job when i came so I was going to go into the Army catering Regement:doh: but that was until I saw the Death or Glory badge of the 17/21 Lancers. signed on the dotted lie in triplicate received a days pay 10 shillings and i was in ended up as corporal of the horse ( Sargent) came out in 1987 ( Best days of my life and it never goes)

After seven years of uni I've risen to the dizzying heights of receptionist in a department store.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I will start from the beginning in 1964 when I was 15 at our school they used have career conventions where all the company's local to our area and all the armed forces where I saw the army stand So I decided there and then to join the Royal Marines because my Dad was in them during the war. Well cut a long story short I failed the test so went across the road to join the Army came out top in the test and told what regiment would i like to join. with My Dads voice ringing in my ears saying chose one with a trade so i could have job when i came so I was going to go into the Army catering Regement:doh: but that was until I saw the Death or Glory badge of the 17/21 Lancers. signed on the dotted lie in triplicate received a days pay 10 shillings and i was in ended up as corporal of the horse ( Sargent) came out in 1987 ( Best days of my life and it never goes)

you'll might remember blokes like Dud Southam....:thumb:

It's an amazing job isn't it?

🖒

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah it is an amazing job, genuinely wouldn't change unless forced to. Used to work in a mainstream assessment centre for abuse etc, that sucked my soul out.

I've been a teacher for the last 14 years. I teach Carpentry and Joinery to apprentices at a college. I love teaching but hate the education system, so am looking for a career change but not sure what I want to do.

Is that for music venues and studios? If so which company?

Not usually. Although I have worked on the itv studios / coronation street relocation, calculating reverberation time and performing tests in there as they were building it.

Usually though its fairly mundane noise measurement /assessment work for residential or commercial development (stuff that pays the bills), sound insulation testing, planning applications etc

Well I was a busy boy Thursday due to storm Doris.

16903240_1405653149485748_429531422269748576_o.jpg

Retired after nearly 50 years in HM magistrates courts ending up managing the legal team of 8 lawyers. Every day different, litter to murder.
Now grandads taxi and bank, love home brew, keeps me sane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back