Storm Doris.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Someones day ruined.

C5WI1X8WQAEW0kK.jpg

Ouch! It's not a good day to be commuting on a fold up bike I'll tell you that. I was having to pedal at full power downhill earlier!

Storm Doris has come as a real shock - we've barely gotten over mildly misty Marvin yet.

Someones day ruined.

C5WI1X8WQAEW0kK.jpg

Ouch! Bugger!

I had something similar to my old car a few years ago (not as dramatic only the roof and back go damaged) on Boxing Day. Was not happy. It took 6 weeks for the garage to fix it.

Some sweet papers just blew into my garden and they look quite wet and bedraggled, quite dangerous really! I am thinking of calling the army out to remove them as it may start a trend.

WHAT is wrong with people ,we have always had weather and much worse than this although the catchy name does make it seem more personal almost like ooh they named a storm after me. ( do you think following Brexit they ALL have to be British sounding names or are we allowed the odd Hurricane Jacques, Pierre or even Gunther? Storm Windy McWindface maybe voted for by the public?)

I went out this morning in Newcastle where it's just spitting on to rain , no wind at all and people are driving at 12 - 15 mph. If this obsession with the weather keeps up we have NO chance or replacing Louis Hamilton when he retires, we are breeding a nation of softies frightened to drive with a spot of rain!

Oops , have to go there's another Kit Kat wrapper, this is getting ridiculous now, where is the local Army phone number?

Some sweet papers just blew into my garden and they look quite wet and bedraggled. I am thinking of calling the army out to remove them as it may start a trend.

WHAT is wrong with people ,we have always had weather and much worse than this although the catchy name does make it seem more personal almost like ooh they named a storm after me. ( do you think following Brexit they ALL have to be British sounding names or are we allowed the odd Hurricane Jacques, Pierre or even Gunther? Storm Windy McWindface maybe voted for by the public?)

I went out this morning in Newcastle where it's just spitting on to rain , no wind at all and people are driving at 12 - 15 mph. If this obsession with the weather keeps up we have NO chance or replacing Louis Hamilton when he retires, we are breeding a nation of softies frightened to drive with a spot of rain!

Oops , have to go there's another Kit Kat wrapper, this is getting ridiculous now, where is the local Army phone number?
Tried to get our grandson back to Hampshire by train this morning but none runningto Alton,sooo we have the littleun another night:doh::mrgreen:
As for the fancy names for storms,do we HAVE to follow suit like the USA and name them,for god's sake,does it make it more dramatic!:nono:

This is fair. I was a complete soft **** when I went to University. Three years living in Manchester and I was wearing shorts in February to walk five miles in a hailstorm. That was ten years ago and has fully reversed and then some.

Tried to get our grandson back to Hampshire by train this morning but none runningto Alton,sooo we have the littleun another night:doh::mrgreen:
As for the fancy names for storms,do we HAVE to follow suit like the USA and name them,for god's sake,does it make it more dramatic!:nono:

Wrong type of rain maybe for the trains!

Just saw a headline saying " Woman hit by fish in Storm Doris" Fake news I reckon, hyped up by the press to get the weather a bad name (as if Doris isn't bad enough!)

The names thing - apparently the Met Office or whoever is in charge of this choose their favourite from Twitter. They decided to name them because they thought it would lead to more news coverage and thus better preparedness. So far as I can tell this has largely resulted in train companies having their fingers hovering over the "Cancel" button ready for the rain to start falling!

Wrong type of rain maybe for the trains!

Just saw a headline saying " Woman hit by fish in Storm Doris" Fake news I reckon, hyped up by the press to get the weather a bad name (as if Doris isn't bad enough!)

I take it all back, it MUST be true it's on Youtube!!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtxPp9UOcIc[/ame]

I guess its the only time the forecasters can hog the limelight, i hate these names we are now giving them i mean Doris FFS :doh:

Its getting a bit breezy here might have to get the winter T shirt out again. :lol:

C5WQbTAWAAUg1_G.jpg

I guess its the only time the forecasters can hog the limelight, i hate these names we are now giving them i mean Doris FFS :doh:

Its getting a bit breezy here might have to get the winter T shirt out again. :lol:

You mean the short sleeve Tee shirt instead of the capped sleeve summer one!

Some sweet papers just blew into my garden and they look quite wet and bedraggled, quite dangerous really! I am thinking of calling the army out to remove them as it may start a trend.

There's a very good reason for the trend in blowing things up out of all proportion ( no pun intended ) like this. It's to give weight to the failing climate-change crapola and to make those young enough not to know any better that all this is new and unusual.

Latest posts

Back