Home Brew Shop - how far is you?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Holmfirth / Huddersfield and my nearest is in Brighouse, so about 10 miles.
I'v been meaning to call in as its under new ownership, I went the other day but it was closed as they open all weekend so have Wednesday off

Mine is 'The Brew Shop' in Stockport. About 8 miles from me. Only small from the outside - inside it's like the Tardis - they have everything! Not overpriced, very helpful staff, a real pleasure to deal with :mrgreen:
Cheers

Wasn't there a map on this forum which showed LHBS locations?
Anyway as I've said before on here that my LHBS shut down last year, and that was about 8 miles away.
I think the nearest one is now at least 25 miles away and I have no intention of paying them a visit, it's just not worth it when I can buy stuff online, from a larger selection, delivered for nowt provided I buy enough, and at a discount.
LHBSs are a diminishing resource given they are in competition with online prices, the customer base is limited, and customers only pay infrequent visits and probably don't spend much.
Fine if you have one, no big deal if you don't

5 or 6 miles away from GEB, it doesn't exactly take me to far outta my way on the way home from work to collect internet orders.

4 mile away it's a small shop but the staff are great , they have a bit of everything and if they haven't got what you need they will order it for you.

I normally use them once every 2 month or when my stock is going down.

My LHBS is Glenbrew in Glasgow, about 1.5 mile from my front door. Whenever I'm home on leave, must be in there around 2 or 3 times in the month. The staff are always on hand to impart good brewing knowledge, also for a good chin-wag. I'm always on the hunt for any news regarding the Williams Bros, as that's who own the place (any new beers, breweries, etc). As an aside, did find out they are opening another smaller brewery / restaurant / bar in the Finnieston area, more aimed towards homebrewers, ie they will have Braumeisters and Grainfathers for general use on the premise
http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/plans-empty-warehouse-finnieston-transformed-12216997

8.6 miles to one in Felling which I've only used a couple of times
14.2 miles to one in Whitley Bay which I've used twice and got exactly what I needed both times
9.7 miles to one in Houghton which is for equipment and kits mainly. Used them a few times when I started out.

Mainly online orders these days.

Just been to my "local" one in Gateshead 5 miles away for 500g or Carafa special,Brown and Black malt. A wee bit more expensive than malt Miller but saved £6 postage and two days delivery!

Latest posts

Back