cherry cider juice recipe advice please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with one drop you could barely detect any carbonisation, I tried a couple of bottles with two drops in and it didn't make it any fizzier but a bit yeasty tasting

came out like a rose wine

there was a bit of sediment, but kind of the usual I've seen with my other ciders I've attempted to carb up

is this due to the high ABV, yeast can only work so hard and when the ABV get too high they stop working

If using wine yeast then it will be fine. Definitely use the whole bottle of cherry concentrate.

I bottled in 1l PET bottles and used 2 teaspoons of brewing sugar per bottle to prime. Perfect fizz!!!

i will be starting this tomorrow morning as its my day off and ever ones out.
Would you make any actions to the mix? and how much sugar did you go with in the end

17L Apple Juice
5L cherry juice drink
Granulated sugar 2kg? (target 1.065)
Wine sweetener.
Cherry juice concentrate for flavoring

i will be starting this tomorrow morning as its my day off and ever ones out.
Would you make any actions to the mix? and how much sugar did you go with in the end

17L Apple Juice
5L cherry juice drink
Granulated sugar 2kg? (target 1.065)
Wine sweetener.
Cherry juice concentrate for flavoring

I put 1.5kg in but wouldnt do that again. 500g tops but you should get a out 6% with the juice alone ;-)

yes in the case al drop about 400 in. to strong can ruin the taste.
and lets face it if you want to get hammered you have 40 pints of the stuff

hi Ash, I might make this one again without the ton of extra sugar I put in haha...

just on the cherry concentrate again, you said you put it in after you had racked it off to a secondary... would the cherry concentrate not get 'eaten' up during secondary fermentation in the bottle ? or just less than it would have in the primary

I ask cos the bottle of stuff was 8 quid odd, so if I was using it again it would be good to know if it's worth it !!

The yeast will still eat the sugar from the cherryjuice but to be hlnest i've done it that way round as the cider kits i have done kn the past require me to ferment the qpple juice out first then add a sachet of juice concentrate after.

Im sure you could add it at first but i dont see any benefit for doing it. If you just ferment fruit juice with the apple juice and do nothing after it ends up just tasting like apple cider so while i don't understand the science behind it i believe the flavour benefits from adding it at secondary stage. Also the sweetener adds the sweetness back that the yeast will take from the juice concentrate.

Hope this helps?

Latest posts

Back