First brew done

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooperscrazy

Reaction score
Just bottled my first brew :) coopers lager. Measured at 3.7% + 0.5 looks a bit cloudy still. Will this clear in next 14 days? Thank u

it'll need 2 weeks in the warm to carbonate, then move it to a cooler place to condition (the longer the better). with it being your first brew you'll be drinking it too early (hell we all did). the trick is to get as many brews done so as you have plenty of stock to get well conditioned. good luck with it, hope it turns out nice.

Les is spot on, you will have finished drinking this before it is even ready to drink. Its all about building up a stock and rotating. There is a simple calculation for this:-
How much do I drink ?...eg...a couple of pints on a school night and 3 or 4 at a weekend. Now take this mathematical calculation and throw it out of the window...you can never have too much beer ready to drink.

My coopers cerveza was very cloudy when I bottled but after a week in a fairly warm place it was crystal clear which I didn't expect, thought it would need to be colder to clear up.

Latest posts

Back