SuperBowl 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apparently starting a Thread in the Snug with a joke is "condescending" so I will try to avoid one on this Post. :doh:

I've just finished watching the latest SuperBowl and I can recommend that aficionados of American Football watch the whole match! :thumb: :thumb:

I hope I'm not being condescending by suggesting that people who have never watched the sport before should watch this game!

Enjoy! :thumb:

Having just checked the final score it looks like I should have stayed up for the last quarter!

:doh:

Apparently starting a Thread in the Snug with a joke is "condescending" so I will try to avoid one on this Post. :doh:

I've just finished watching the latest SuperBowl and I can recommend that aficionados of American Football watch the whole match! :thumb: :thumb:

I hope I'm not being condescending by suggesting that people who have never watched the sport before should watch this game!

Enjoy! :thumb:

To be fair Dutto when you go on about it with a lot of tenacity, it starts to not come across as a joke and but something you cannot let go of.

If you was meant to be jovial, fair enough but even as a neutral when I read it, I assumed it was a sly dig at those who voted differently to you.

Having just checked the final score it looks like I should have stayed up for the last quarter!

:doh:

Oh you poor sod! :doh: :doh:

I kid you not, it was THE best SuperBowl EVER!

It reminds me of when Man City won the Championship in the last couple of minutes a few years back.

My Uncle is an ardent City fan who went to every Home match since WW2 until he became unfit to attend.

I phoned him after the match and said "What about that then?" :thumb: :thumb:

It was when he replied "Yeah! I really thought we had a chance this year." that I realised he must have switched off his TV before the end. :doh: :doh:

I reckon "Gutted!" isn't really sufficient to describe his (or your?) feelings! :whistle: :whistle:

Not really a fan of NFL but the best ever late decider I was at was Man city vs Newcastle 1968 in front of 68,000 standing at St James park. City had Francis Lee. Colin Bell Sumerbee, Neil Young ( before he started singing). the game ebbed and flowed goals apiece and City got the late goal to win 4-3 and won the title,

Best live game ever for me when you could stand a t a game although it was so packed my feet hardly touched the floor.

Not to keen on all the spectacle of teh nFL so never really followed it and can't understand why you would hold up a GAME at half time for an entertainment, one thing or the other but I suppose it's typical YU ES of AY stuff.

Can't stand sport, and American Football is no exception. But... sometime back in the late/mid eighties (about the time we had that other US institution, McDonalds, thrust upon us) I seem to recall everyone in the UK going berserk over it. Most of the lads at work spent a fortune on kit, signing up with emerging clubs etc. What happened?

Can't stand sport, and American Football is no exception. But... sometime back in the late/mid eighties (about the time we had that other US institution, McDonalds, thrust upon us) I seem to recall everyone in the UK going berserk over it. Most of the lads at work spent a fortune on kit, signing up with emerging clubs etc. What happened?

American football has gone from strength to strength in the UK. There are (I think) three regualr season NFL games per season played in the UK known as 'The Iinternational Series' now .These are massively popular and always sell out. There's constant talk of basing one of the US teams here in the UK because of the popularity of American football here
There's also plenty of small teams that play in their own uk league. There's one that plays in the park across the road from

American football has gone from strength to strength in the UK. There are (I think) three regualr season NFL games per season played in the UK known as 'The Iinternational Series' now .These are massively popular and always sell out. There's constant talk of basing one of the US teams here in the UK because of the popularity of American football here
There's also plenty of small teams that play in their own uk league. There's one that plays in the park across the road from

I'm genuinely surprised at that; honestly thought it had gone the way of the dodo in the UK.

'spose you have to follow sports to know. Ienjoy American Football but dont have sky so just watch the highlights show on BBC iplayer

I don't have sky sports either. It's a shame channel 4 and 5 stopped showing live games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have sky sports either. It's a shame channel 4 and 5 stopped showing live games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess sky bought em all. At the start of this season in Sept, a youtuber was putting all that weeks games on youtube, so I was able to watch a whole game for the first 2/3 weeks of the season. But then youtube sussed and stopped all that

Sky sports mix (517 and free on Virgin media) showed quite a lot this year and the BBC has showed the superbowl the last 4 or 5 years.

I played for 13 years strathclyde sheriffs, Nottingham caesars and then Edinburgh wolves.

I subscribe to the NFL GamePass system and can watch 95% of ALL games live and 100% of the games on a recorded version 24 hours after they finish. This includes the pre-season and post-season games up to and including SuperBowl. The recorded versions include a condensed version that just shows the 60 minutes of play.

As I already have a broadband connection I think the £129 a year is great value for money. :thumb:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/schedule

Back