The Very Friendly Indian Man

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im registered with the Telephone Preference Service

We did as soon as we found out you could but it doesn't seem to stop them, we get a lot of "out of area" call i don't pick the phone up but it means i go to the phone only to see that on the display the other annoying one is when it is a number you do not recognise so you answer it and it cuts off the moment you put it to your ear, i know there are machines you can buy that have a list of blocked numbers so why cant the telephone companies block these numbers and do their customers a favour.

Inspired and in need of an upgrade I rummaged out my tesco vouchers plus a gift card and just nipped out and got a new triple set of cordless phones with call block...

Cheers

Clint

Im registered with the Telephone Preference Service for both my home and mobile numbers. Its very rare I get these calls now. When I do there are a couple of ways of dealing with it. The polite one is just to say I'm registered with teh PTS so no legitimate company would phone me, therefore you must not be legitimate.

The second is to politely and in your best posh voice say "My wife deals with that sort of thing. If you wouldn't mind holding for a minute I'll just pop in the other room and get her" then put the phone down on the side, usually next to the TV so the sound from that covers most other sounds, but do NOT hang up. Then shout in your best chav accent "Oi, you f***ing slag, get your fat f***ing **** in here, theres some c**t on the phone for you." If they havent hung up, every few minutes shout various abuse littered with plenty of expletives, remember the more colourful the better, and every now and then pick up the phone and in your best posh voice (again) say something like "Terribly sorry to keep you waiting she's just coming" and similar.

Then you find out its your wife's boss..lol, done that before:oops:

Back