• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free Bottles.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lawa if you are struggling do what most of us did when we start out buy spring water in 1.5 litre bottles (they are not as "floppy" as the thin coke type 2 litre ones) this allows you to put the equivalent of two standard bottles of wine into each, you can then ask friends or your local pub to put bottles to one side and build up a collection.

If you can get glass screw top bottles you can use these -
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56326

Thank you I have just rescued four screw tops out the bin! Do I just sterilise them? Sorry for all the questions but I've bought two kits ans can't really afford to fork out for 39 new bottles and a corker ect

Sorry for all the questions

Do I just sterilise them

Ask away that's what we are here for.

Yes clean them using hot soapy water and rinse them out then sterilise them, i use Milton tablets at a ratio of two tablets to a washing up bowl of water, pour a little into each bottle and put the top on, give them a real good shake so all inner surfaces are covered, set your timer for 15 minutes and shake them all again after about 8 minutes, pour the liquid out when the 15 minutes is up and job done, no need to rinse either which saves time.

Milton_Sterilising_tabs_award_0.jpg

Perfect thank you I have some of the liquid still from when the little one was born x

Latest posts

Back