Hi all, loving the forum so far!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyblade

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is James, 32 from North Derbyshire.

Fairly new to brewing having got a wilko starter kit last year from the wife. I did a couple of kit brews, a real ale that turned out great and a lager that was used to clean the drain!

I knew fairly early on that I would like to progress to all grain, but I didn't expect that after 2 kit brews I would be out spending (relatively) serious cash on new equipment!

The info gained from this forum has been invaluable and I don't think I would have been able to get to the position I'm in now without it, so thanks fellas.

I have had success with my current setup, 32L stock pot, 20L stock pot, 33L mash tun and using the no chill method by transfer the wort to a designated chilling cube. I have 4 FV's so can have more than one brew on the go at once.

Of course I have the bug big time now and am looking for improvements to my setup all the time!

I hope to contribute and get involved with the community over the coming months including entering the competitions.

Once again thanks for a great site packed full of invaluable knowledge. :thumb:

Hi Everyone,

My name is James, 32 from North Derbyshire.

Fairly new to brewing having got a wilko starter kit last year from the wife.

Hi James, I'm also 32, and fairly new to brewing having got a willko starter kit last year from the wife('s sister)!

Also now 2 AG brews in and loving it. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome, you're off to a great start reading on here. There are some seriously knowledgeable and helpful people, I've gained a huge amount from this forum.

I'm in a pretty similar situation, Wilko kit for Christmas just over a year ago and now approaching double digits in all grain brews!

Latest posts

Back