Worst commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another candidate for me is the godawful Clonmel 1650. I don't mind some macro lagers, I think they have their place, but this stuff is just vile.
It's amazing how people's pallets differ in taste as I thought that Clonmel 1650 was a great refreshing hoppy lager and no hangover after 5 of them.
Im not a lager drinker as I prefer my stout and detest tennents but this I really was in disbelief that they could actually brew this 👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

It's amazing how people's pallets differ in taste as I thought that Clonmel 1650 was a great refreshing hoppy lager and no hangover after 5 of them.
Im not a lager drinker as I prefer my stout and detest tennents but this I really was in disbelief that they could actually brew this 👍

Sent from my ALE-L21
Well each to their own of course. I hear a lot of people saying how terrible Hop House 13 is and to be honest I thought it was ok. It's not a masterpiece by any means but it's perfectly drinkable.

Over here it has to be Kronenbourg... gut rot headache material, reminds me of Carlsberg in that respect..
Have the NI contingent tried the WhiteWater brewery beers ? I'm originally from nearby and they are pretty good, nice stout called chocolat chaud too.. recommended...

Well each to their own of course. I hear a lot of people saying how terrible Hop House 13 is and to be honest I thought it was ok. It's not a masterpiece by any means but it's perfectly drinkable.
Tried Hop House 13 a couple of times but do prefer Clonmel 1650

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

We also have a micro brewery down on Walmgate now too with a nice tap room.
http://www.brewyork.co.uk

Our Brewdog is a bit sweaty though. They really need to sort that out.

Oh really? It hadn't opened the last time I was down. I'd read there had been some delays. Brew York brew some nice beer. Nicer than the other brewery anyway imo. I must go into the Tap Room. I noticed the brewery when I went to the Thai place on Walmgate.

I have an ever increasing list of beers I avoid. Before I give that list its worth pointing out I don't like really hoppy beers this current trend for APA's and overhopped craft beers does mean that I find a lot of beers I don't like. But I'll keep this list to beers a genuinely think are **** not ones I just don't like. So here goes.

Carling
Heineken
Doom bar
Atlantic
Black sheep which is everywhere here
Deuchers IPA
Tetley
TT landlord
Most tom woods beers
Most Bateman's beers except for xxxb
Jennings Cumberland literally tastes of spicy sausage

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I have an ever increasing list of beers I avoid. Before I give that list its worth pointing out I don't like really hoppy beers this current trend for APA's and overhopped craft beers does mean that I find a lot of beers I don't like. But I'll keep this list to beers a genuinely think are **** not ones I just don't like. So here goes.

Carling
Heineken
Doom bar
Atlantic
Black sheep which is everywhere here
Deuchers IPA
Tetley
TT landlord
Most tom woods beers
Most Bateman's beers except for xxxb
Jennings Cumberland literally tastes of spicy sausage

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I did enjoy dark lord and combined harvest although that was before I started my own HB ;-)

TT landlord

What? This is the most outrageous claim I have ever heard about ale. Landlord is an absolutely magnificent beer; talk about it in the same breath of Carling and Heineken is an act of heresy!

I know everyone's taste is different and I understand that not everyone will like exactly the same ales, but by no measure whatsoever could you describe Landlord as bad beer. Even in the quantities TT brew it in these days it is uniformly superb.

Maybe you live in a far flung corner of the country or tried it once in a pub where they can't keep beer. If not, I think you need a tastebud-ectomy. :lol:

What? This is the most outrageous claim I have ever heard about ale. Landlord is an absolutely magnificent beer; talk about it in the same breath of Carling and Heineken is an act of heresy!

I know everyone's taste is different and I understand that not everyone will like exactly the same ales, but by no measure whatsoever could you describe Landlord as bad beer. Even in the quantities TT brew it in these days it is uniformly superb.

Maybe you live in a far flung corner of the country or tried it once in a pub where they can't keep beer. If not, I think you need a tastebud-ectomy. :lol:
Should try any of Timothy taylors in the town hall tavern Leeds. Always excellent.

I worked for Whitbreads late 70s early 80s and you would not believe some of the stuff brewery workers would drink for me the title of worst beer should go to Thwaites Wainwright its god damn awful stuff. Tetleys was not too bad until they moved brewing to Northampton its now like dishwater never liked Carlsberg but the worst so called lager was that stuff called Skol.

Hi all, here in the state's in my opinion of beers to not drink is the new and unimproved Milwaukees best ice. This beer was recently changed from 5.9% to 6.9% and from what I can tell all they did was add more corn and less malt. It now gives a hangover with the headache behind the eyes and make you feel like you have a cold. The old recipe was by no means a great. Beer but its even worse now. Alot of people I know have changed to just plain milwaukees best lager with a 5.3%.

Hi all, here in the state's in my opinion of beers to not drink is the new and unimproved Milwaukees best ice. This beer was recently changed from 5.9% to 6.9% and from what I can tell all they did was add more corn and less malt. It now gives a hangover with the headache behind the eyes and make you feel like you have a cold. The old recipe was by no means a great. Beer but its even worse now. Alot of people I know have changed to just plain milwaukees best lager with a 5.3%.

The Beast! I spent a lot of time (and money) in the states as a youth drinking The Beast and then malt liquor when money was tight. Good times, bad beer.

Have to disagree...Sainsburys & Morrisons have embraced craft beer...there's a great choice in those supermarkets.

My local big Tesco is better than my local Sainsbury's but all 3 have a decent selection.

Agreed. M&S really upped their game a few years ago. Stocking Yeastie Boys tells me that their beer buyer knows what they're doing.

Latest posts

Back