Morning all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosy future

Reaction score
Morning all
As a Newbie, inevitably I am going to be much more of a 'taker' than a 'giver' on this forum, and there appears to be a huge amount of knowledge here from which I can dip into. In the past I have made brews from cans, with mixed results, but now, with more time on my hands I want to try all grain to see if the difference is as everyone says it will be. If you don't hear from me again, I made a mess of it all.
I have already bought a 25kg sack of Marris Otter, together with other ingredients, sufficient to make five specific brews. If it all goes pear shaped, I will be advertising my equipment, if you'll pardon the expression.

Have faith young Water Boy.....

What is your method of brewing to be Biab, 3 vessel ?

Plenty of advice for all methods on here.

Hi PD

That's how green I am. I just had to look up Biab. I acquired a huge coolbox in exchange to a bottle of Jack Daniels, I'm hoping my Burco will manage the boiling and I have bought five barrels on ebay to supplement the one which already has a brew in it.

Thanks Taxidriver

Here's one. When I was looking up Biab there was a description of how it's done on the forum. When reading through, there was a comment that a refractometer was essential for making beer. Is that the case? Somewhere else on the forum someone had questioned the manufacturer of an affordable refractometer, and their reply said it was good for wine, but not necessarily good enough for beer. I've got about three hydrometers and I thought that would have been enough.

Hi and welcome!
i find a refractometer very quick and easy, better than hydrometers BUT hydrometers have done me well for the past 20 years! Stick with what you've got for a while :thumb:

Back