WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc - 30 bottle Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'am not keen on bottling, but I like emptying them
Thinking of doing some wow tomorrow
What's wgj with apple juice like
Is it as good as rgj with Apple juice

It was popular here until the great white grape juice shortage hit, give it a try, you could always flavour it with something else if you are not keen.

Morning,
just to let you all know Winebuddy 30 btl kits special offer tesco £16.50 at the moment...

Hi!
I have picked up a few Winebuddy kits at a local auction - they aren't always available and the boxes are a bit bashed about but I get them for about £4 or £5. I've made up the Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc so far. SWMBO likes them, but she's a Martini drinker (anywhere, any place, any time - and anything!) but my son, who took a couple of bottles of the SB to his girlfriend's for a meal, thought it harsh. I assume that it will mellow if left for a few months, or is this the type of wine to sup quick!
I am storing the wine in 5 litre plastic water bottles - will I have a problem with O2 passing through the plastic into the wine?

Plastic being air permeable is good for short term storage as it allows the wine to age quicker, as for the harsh taste i guess it will get better, we didn't drink Sav Blanc until we did the WB kit so we had nothing to compare it to, we like it but it may be awful when compared to an expensive bottle of SV, fortunately being a tight-wad i will never find out.

I made 2 of these kits side by side and tbh there not to bad.......but I do prefer the cellar 7 Sauvignon Blanc...... also in fairness the winebuddy red merlot after a few weeks ageing was actually pretty good.

Hi all,
Looking for some advice. Had this kit on since last Sat and did a hydrometer reading this morning, down to 994 so I'm thinking it's ready for next stage but it looks too damn cloudy. Really cloudy, almost milk. Is this normal ?. Will it clear that much with the finings ?.

Should be OK get the finings in and wait for a couple days

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Looking for some advice. Had this kit on since last Sat and did a hydrometer reading this morning, down to 994 so I'm thinking it's ready for next stage but it looks too damn cloudy. Really cloudy, almost milk. Is this normal ?. Will it clear that much with the finings ?.

It will be fine and probably crystal clear in 24 hours (mine always are) , if you think its cloudy now wait until you stir the flavour packs and finings in.

I hope you like it or you are going to have a lot of wine you don't like in the cupboard. :-?

I just ordered o e from the tesco sale
I'am going to let this one clear much longer this time
The last time I got some bits appear after some time in the bottle

Latest posts

Back