Bottling bucket before bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
Just transfered my real ale from fv to bottling bucket but no time for bottling is it ok to leave it in bottling bucket for few more days before bottling?

Just transfered my real ale from fv to bottling bucket but no time for bottling is it ok to leave it in bottling bucket for few more days before bottling?

Does it have a lid? If so, sounds like it'll be having a secondary which is fine....have you primed?

Then you should be fine.

Unless you specifically want to do a secondary fermentation (some brewers do/some don't) then I would wait to transfer it until you are ready to actually bottle.

Just remember to prime it when you are ready.

Then you should be fine.

Unless you specifically want to do a secondary fermentation (some brewers do/some don't) then I would wait to transfer it until you are ready to actually bottle.

So i should have left it in first fv until ready to bottle is it? It's been in there just over two week see

Then you should be fine.

I thought secondary ferment was when it's in the bottle?

It can be your "only" secondary fermenation (and is for me).

Most people do at least 2 weeks (3 or 4 is not uncommon) in the primary fv. Some transfer to a secondary fv for dry hopping and to reduce sediment, some people find this helps make a clearer beer, others don't care/see a difference.

I don't transfer my fermented beer to my bottling bucket until I'm about to bottle.
I detailed my bottling day here (you'll see there is more than one way to do things).

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62200

I thought secondary ferment was when it's in the bottle?

No, it tends to be pre-bottling/barrelling to clear the brew a bit better....i don't bother (and many dont either) but the point was that, if you haven't primed and have merely added to a secondary vessel / bottling bucket, it wont do any harm as it only what secondary fermentors would be doing anyway

It can be your "only" secondary fermenation (and is for me).

Most people do at least 2 weeks (3 or 4 is not uncommon) in the primary fv. Some transfer to a secondary fv for dry hopping and to reduce sediment, some people find this helps make a clearer beer, others don't care/see a difference.

I don't transfer my fermented beer to my bottling bucket until I'm about to bottle.
I detailed my bottling day here (you'll see there is more than one way to do things).

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62200
Thanks I'm going to bottle tonight now only been in bottling bucket one day. Thanks for advice.

No, it tends to be pre-bottling/barrelling to clear the brew a bit better....i don't bother (and many dont either) but the point was that, if you haven't primed and have merely added to a secondary vessel / bottling bucket, it wont do any harm as it only what secondary fermentors would be doing anyway

Thanks for advice I'm going to bottle it tonight only been in bottling bucket one day .

I've never used a bottling bucket as when I started I bought a kit where the FV has a tap and bottling stick. What, if any, are the benefits of usung a bottling bucket?

I've never used a bottling bucket as when I started I bought a kit where the FV has a tap and bottling stick. What, if any, are the benefits of usung a bottling bucket?

It has a tap and can use a bottling stick. :whistle:

Most fv are not rigged for a tap, are a bit less prone to leaks, so some just transfer, bulk prime and bottle from a second fv with a tap fitted.

It has a tap and can use a bottling stick. :whistle:

Most fv are not rigged for a tap, are a bit less prone to leaks, so some just transfer, bulk prime and bottle from a second fv with a tap fitted.

Std said it. Glass is a really great thing to ferment in because it's so strong against scratches so it's easy to sanitize. Plastic buckets are fine too but you will have to replace them after x amount of uses since they'll start to get worn out. That's when bacteria sets in.

Latest posts

Back