What do you do for a living.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came from a lab background and am now working as a materials coordinator at a biotech firm. I specialize in clinical/forensic/oncology/IVF/NIPT stuffs.

ecologist_basic_white_mug-rc6e837c5740e4febbca4572011b3f563_x7jgr_8byvr_324.jpg

Training Coordinator for a national training company aimed at construction industry - former taxi driver, pension administrator and retail night worker.

Started off as a ambitious young chef- Savoy, Rick Stien, Carved Angel, Burnt myself out by 28! Started a café /deli bar sold that after eight years and now work as a school cook in a posh boarding school. Not really what I envisioned but I work seven and a half hours a day so have plenty of time to brew beer and go fishing:thumb:

Short version - I work in IT... :)

Work in a cloud services division of a software and communications company. I manage a team who look after the infrastructure in our datacentres.

Plumber originally, i now work for a charity doing home safety visits/checks/maintenance for the elderly.

Royal Marines followed by 44 years offshore, initially as a saturation diver then supervisor, superintendent. Currently Offshore Manager on a deep water construction/maintenance vessel off the coast of Nigeria.

Brian

Worked in the printing trade for 36 years up until 3 years ago.

Then spent six months or so unemployed. Wrong side of 50, no skills apart from printing etc.
Picked up a bit of design work from a printer I know. It was only for six weeks, but still doing
it over two years later.
And then I got a phone call about a job I'd applied for as a courier driver for a pathology company.
Got that job working two afternoons a week. As with most jobs as soon as they realise you'll turn
up on time and do the job I got more hours. Now I work five afternoons a week.

So in the morning I work from home, then in the afternoon I drive around picking up blood and
other specimens. The money I make in the morning I spend. The afternoon money goes straight
into my pension.

This morning I have no work from the printer. It's stinking hot but I'm going to put a brew on.

Started off as a ambitious young chef- Savoy, Rick Stien, Carved Angel, Burnt myself out by 28! Started a café /deli bar sold that after eight years and now work as a school cook in a posh boarding school. Not really what I envisioned but I work seven and a half hours a day so have plenty of time to brew beer and go fishing:thumb:
There is some excellent expertise present in this forum and I know that everyone can brew beer following recipes and tweaking to their own like.I also know that Chefs can be quite clever when it comes to your palette and I'm quite sure that they could also infuse this process with a beer too. Wouldn't it be nice to build a recipe that would keep your mind racing trying to decipher what went into it when each time you sipped a mouthful it took you on another direction 🍺👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

Short version - I work in IT... :)

Work in a cloud services division of a software and communications company. I manage a team who look after the infrastructure in our datacentres.

Oh....you're one of them....

:P

Bring colour to peoples lives. Mainly dyeing silk, occasionally for the famous, once or twice for royalty, but mainly for people with more money than sense. Not that it filters down, but at least the manufacturing/process control skill set is transferable to brewing.

Latest posts

Back