• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

In search of a Kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMcLean

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Desperately searching for a CO2 kegerator for an upcoming work event. Anyone selling? Know where to get one reasonably priced? I was looking at king of kegs, but perpetually out of stock. Others seem 2-3 times the price!

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

Desperately searching for a CO2 kegerator for an upcoming work event. Anyone selling? Know where to get one reasonably priced? I was looking at king of kegs, but perpetually out of stock. Others seem 2-3 times the price!

Thanks in advance.

I've come to the conclusion that to get a 3 or 4 tap kegerator then it's easiest and cheapest to build your own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

for co2 Liquide air have agents all over the uk bottle deposit 0-�£50 returnable, and upto �£25 per refill

https://industry.airliquide.co.uk/branch-locator

If its a keg fridge your after, its a fridge you put a keg into. so check out freecycle for unwanted fridges and put your keg in it,
ebay will sell you beerline and a taps

if its a one off event with a single keg grab a modded party tap with a lenght of 3/16" beerline inserted as a simple anti fobbing guard circa �£20 on ebay and simply trap the thin beerline in the door seal for the event, a pre chilled keg wont warm up significantly over an evening/night with a crack in the fridge door seal..

fwiw the 'festival keg stands' intended for serving in the middle of a field simply stand kegs in a bed of Ice to chill, which for a one off event is probably a lot easier to arrange. kegs use spears or dip tubes to draw the beer from the keg bottom So if you sit the bottom in ice the beer drawn off first will be chilled ;)

The home brewers kegerator is a domestic solution to the lack of a temperature controlled beer cellar and as such isnt really a viable product to sell since folk who brew their own beer may have a tendency towards DIY, and the skills needed to build a keg fridge are simply the ability to drill a hole and wire a plug.

If you want to throw �£500 at a single keg fridge it PM me im sure we can find a brand new fridge within the budget, and subtract the cost of the fridge from �£500 give that to me and i will gladly install a nice solid brass single tap font with professional dalex tap atop and retrofit a reflashed stc1000 v1.00 heat source and fan (if not pre-installed) (assuming fridge costs less that �£300 ;) )

suggested fonts
6488335865_97665645fa_n.jpg

It's really very easy to build your own. If you can drill holes, cut a piece of wood to make a shelf, screw in to wood to attach a suitable heater and cut pieces of tubing then you should be fine. I was thinking about buying a readymade one that somebody else had constructed but then I found a £25 second hand fridge... There's loads of build threads for kegarators on the forums and some websites as well. The cost of all the parts do add up a bit but you don't have to have loads of fonts, you don't have to have posh drip trays, maybe you don't need a heater? People often sell all their parts second hand for a kegarator they don't want any more as they get more money and it's easy to post small parts out..

If you know a joiner, ask him when he is fitting a kitchen and the customer is throwing out thier fridge to keep you in mind.
I have had 2 fridges that way.

I am selling mine, but I am after rid of the job lot of my gear, I don't have time to brew

KEGERATOR NEARLY FINISHED.jpg

Back