WOW RGJ Wine / Port..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDog

Regular.
Reaction score
okay, bit of fun, and not a recipe - so don't flame me.. (but it begs an interesting question about blending and fortifying with stuff you have lying around after Christmas)..

Anyway, had a bottle of Asda RGJ WOW open, about a glass and a half missing as I'd used it for topping up yesterday. Also, I stumbled across a bottle of Port , a tiny thing like a miniature or something (50ml perhaps, but I've chucked the bottle).

I was in the garage tidying up, so I chucked the Port in the wine to see what happened.

I've just tasted it, half expecting to chuck it down the drain, and - well, WOW - it tastes like a very decent Red I'd bought from a shop, and not made.

I'm not suggesting we start making WOW and chucking commercial Port in for Body, but if you are like me and only drink the stuff at Christmas, and have half a bottle lying round, give it a try.

This is what i love about these cheap wines you can make them from whatever you like and if it turns out awful you have lost a a couple of pounds and a couple of weeks, adding stuff to a bottle means you have only lost 50 pence if it goes wrong, happy days.

Even tomato wine turns out well, i took their word on that one :lol:

WP_000996.jpg

Me to - The port, not the tomato wine :nono:

I have loads of Sloe port which is basically homebrewed, not so good red wine, added to the sloes left over after making Sloe gin. This is nice on its own but I have plenty to add to a bottle or 2 of wine - worth a go :grin:

Not done a wow yet but on similar lines i added some brandy to a kit merlot with a bit of demara sugar as an experiment and that turned out good.

(Maybe 1/5 brandy and 2 to 3 tblspn demara, might do again but reduce sugar. )

Back