Trump Petition.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked myself "Would I like this man inside my home?" and as it came back as a resounding "NO!" I decided that I would rather sign the one that tells him "Go forth and multiply!" instead! :thumb:

Lol I know he's teetotal but if he came to my drum I'd persuade him to sample a few fine ales and we'd put the world right, but he seems to be doing that already on his own!

I wouldn't let any politician into my home they are all the same in my view but the guy was voted in by Americans and he is doing what he said he would which I wish our lot would do, why as the petition says should be be gagged just because some Brits don't like that fact?

I haven't signed either dont see the point myself.

I do find this one funny though to counter the other one.

Said it on the other thread, not a fan of Trump ...at all.. But I don't remember the vast country wide outrage marches and protests and petitions over some questionable policies China has when they made a state visit last year (or was it the year before).. I remember there being a little trouble but thats about it.

I am curious to see whether this petition does get any media attention should the numbers continue to rise.. I suspect it will not..

I wouldn't let any politician into my home they are all the same in my view but the guy was voted in by Americans and he is doing what he said he would which I wish our lot would do, why as the petition says should be be gagged just because some Brits don't like that fact?

You forget that he is not a politician he is a media star and often failed businessman and self publisictand that is the problem. All of his schemes are grandstanding for teh media, look great to the non political classes ( them against us) but will do more damage in the long run.

What we are seeing is not practical solutions to problems , it's Trump's opportunity to make himself look good on TV however outrageous. He is the most dangerous type of fool as he cannot be challenged and has never listened or bowed down to anyone before so why should he do it now?

Remember the phrase " all it needs for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" (att. Edmond Burke 1729-1797). That tells you why British people sign petitions and march on the street as it lets people know that they are not unchallenged. Appeasement of Hitler was bad enough, let's not let Trump be a modern equivalent. Just because he told people what he would do in advance does not make it correct or clever!

Spot on! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

You don't have to lie to prove yourself an idiot ... :doh:

... but it helps! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the original quote is " It's better to let people think you are an idiot rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt"!

Trump revels in the scandalous and outrageous comments that give him the attention he craves. What a pity it has to be when he is in post as one of the most influential politicians in the world where intelligence and thinking and not appearance are paramount!

He will struggle to do as much damage to the USA as Mumma Merkel has done to Germany and Europe for that matter.
Personally I would sooner have a visit by Donald than her and I'm not much of a Donald fan either.

He will struggle to do as much damage to the USA as Mumma Merkel has done to Germany and Europe for that matter.
Personally I would sooner have a visit by Donald than her and I'm not much of a Donald fan either.

And she is destroying Europe intentionally. No one seems to mention what Trumps opposition Hillary has done and said. Does no one remember when she laughed about killing Gadaffi. she supported the war in Iraq and covered up the behaviour. I don't find that funny and I doubt many Libyans do either. How much suffering has our intervention in a country which has nothing to do with us caused. I image many of the people signing this would happily of signed a petition to let Fidel Castro come over here. Cant think of many politicians who have called the news out for what it is. Fake. I guess there must be many desperate for the TTP. And lastly Obama bragged about how good he was at killing with drones but never saw a petition to stop him. The Nobel peace prize winner..

I try not to mix online forums with politics, but here I am...

Anyway, as a liberal I think people should be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't harm others. Which is why I have an issue with this petition. It's saying "I disagree with this person's views, therefore I don't want them in my country." That's trying to ban those with right wing beliefs from Britain. Of course, I consider myself pretty left wing and literally hate Theresa May and her band of next Tuesdays, let alone Trump, but that's what living in a free society means.

Yet, maybe him making a state visit to the UK does go against living in a free and liberal society. He promotes hate and fear to the extent it does infringe on the civil liberties of others, and when that happens a free society can't exist. Banning him from entering the country is helping to protect the rights of the people living here.

Philosophy of the matter aside, signing the petition is probably a good idea. He's not gonna be banned from coming in on a state visit, but it says "Trump, the British people don't like you or your ways, and on an international stage you are not a popular man."

I try not to mix online forums with politics, but here I am...

Anyway, as a liberal I think people should be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't harm others. Which is why I have an issue with this petition. It's saying "I disagree with this person's views, therefore I don't want them in my country." That's trying to ban those with right wing beliefs from Britain. Of course, I consider myself pretty left wing and literally hate Theresa May and her band of next Tuesdays, let alone Trump, but that's what living in a free society means.

Yet, maybe him making a state visit to the UK does go against living in a free and liberal society. He promotes hate and fear to the extent it does infringe on the civil liberties of others, and when that happens a free society can't exist. Banning him from entering the country is helping to protect the rights of the people living here.

Philosophy of the matter aside, signing the petition is probably a good idea. He's not gonna be banned from coming in on a state visit, but it says "Trump, the British people don't like you or your ways, and on an international stage you are not a popular man."

The petition isn't about banning him from visiting, that was the previous one over a year ago. It is about whether it is appropriate to invite him for a full state visit, the most extravagant invitation the Queen can offer, at the earliest opportunity. No previous US presidents were bestowed with such a lavish welcome so quickly.

You forget that he is not a politician he is a media star and often failed businessman and self publisictand that is the problem. All of his schemes are grandstanding for teh media, look great to the non political classes ( them against us) but will do more damage in the long run.

The Americans didn't want a career politician knew he was a media star and his intensions and they were still happy to vote him in, your prediction may come true but there again they may not time will tell.

Edit to add -
Their other option was Hillary Clinton, i am not surprised Donald won.

Back