Pubs in London/Shoreditch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Convict

Reaction score
Hi All

I have an upcoming business trip to London & Amsterdam. I will be staying in Shoreditch on the weekend. I love all British ales from Milds to Bitters, Browns, IPA's, Porter etc.

Can anyone recommend a great spot in/near Shoreditch that has a good selection of craft English ales?

Thanks in advance.

A few of my favourites are nearby in Farringdon. Jerusalem tavern and the dovetail. Very short bus or train journey away.

Amsterdam is amazing for beer too.

Hi All

I have an upcoming business trip to London & Amsterdam. I will be staying in Shoreditch on the weekend. I love all British ales from Milds to Bitters, Browns, IPA's, Porter etc.

Can anyone recommend a great spot in/near Shoreditch that has a good selection of craft English ales?

Thanks in advance.

For "craft" there's a BrewDog in Shoreditch, for traditional British sorry I haven't been anywhere else around there.

A few of my favourites are nearby in Farringdon. Jerusalem tavern and the dovetail. Very short bus or train journey away.

+1 for The Jerusalem. Worth it just for the experience.

Thanks for the reply, will check out Jerusalem.

any tips for great craft beer bars in AMS? I have a bit more free time there & just coming off a chest infection I am not in a hurry to spend my time in coffee shops...

Thanks for the reply, will check out Jerusalem.

any tips for great craft beer bars in AMS? I have a bit more free time there & just coming off a chest infection I am not in a hurry to spend my time in coffee shops...

There's a chain called Gollum that has loads of good Belgian beer.

Brouwerij T'ij is a really well known local brewery that's worth a visit. De Prael has a bar right in the centre of town and Oedipus and Troost are also pretty near the centre and I think they're open to the public.

The Jerusalem Tavern is closed at the weekend, as are most of the other good ones that I know in that area. Although the Craft Brewing Co. on Hatton Garden is open if you happen to get well lost and end up there.

Quite a few are open around Spitalfields though which is right next to Shoreditch. A good crawl for an afternoon would be these. They're all just around the corner from each other:

The Kings Stores (worth getting some food down you there as well)
The Williams Ale and Cider House
The Magpie

The Kings Stores will probably have the least selection but there'll be something there you haven't seen before if you don't normally drink in London. The Williams will have loads of stuff on, always good to plan a long stay there. The Magpie is the most traditional boozer, right next to the police station. Often they have Thornbridge Jaipur on draft which makes for a big finish if you're up for it.

There are a few good ones round London Bridge too. The market porter and the rake are great. You can get a nice fullers at the barrowboy and banker too.

Latest posts

Back