I said it would never happen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started home brew to try it and for cheap beer. I only drink probably a maximum of 8 beers a week so 1 kit of 40 bottles lasts about 5-8 weeks.

I'm thinking of buying a grain father, which for this I'll say is about £680 inc delivery. So using the 3 for £5 price I should start saving money on beer if I brew everything I drink myself after a year or so

I started home brew to try it and for cheap beer. I only drink probably a maximum of 8 beers a week so 1 kit of 40 bottles lasts about 5-8 weeks.

I'm thinking of buying a grain father, which for this I'll say is about £680 inc delivery. So using the 3 for £5 price I should start saving money on beer if I brew everything I drink myself after a year or so
T£_&o do four for £6 so I take it you shop in sa£_&-rys lol

Sent from my ALE-L21

I started with a kit 8 months ago, then started reading on here and now have plactic buckets all over the place, bottles behind the sofa and two big stainless steel things. Just did a quick calulation and even with all the spending I've done it works out at £1.20 a pint after I've done about 500 pints worth, with every brew you make it gets cheaper..

I'm thinking of buying a grain father, which for this I'll say is about �£680 inc delivery. So using the 3 for �£5 price I should start saving money on beer if I brew everything I drink myself after a year or so

That's my situation too although buying beer is £1.50 - £2 a bottle. Needed a fairly compact and quick to use AG system so went for the gf, pays itself back after 13 batches which is likely to be 12 - 18 months. Seemed reasonable, and so far it's been a great investment.

When I first get into kits a saw a video online of someone's 3 vessel system but it was huge with piped in gas and pumps etc, made me think that AG at home was for those who had a spare garage, glad I found out differently.

Latest posts

Back