Do you wear a watch? (Poll)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes.

• No.

• Occasionally.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
5live were discussing this earlier, a lot of people don't bother because you can simply look at your phone, I have always worn a watch and still do I find getting my phone out of my pocket just to check the time is a bit of a PITA I also don't wear jewellery but like a decent looking watch, do you wear one?

I wear one, but it's more of a fashion accessory these days.

no I have my dad's gold full hunter pocket watch
which is with me where ever I go

I used to wear a watch all the time, but never wear one now. I always have my mobile phone with me so don't need a watch now. I never had fancy watches, just a means to knowing what the time was, my phone does that now.

I have a smart watch. Always wear it. Always have my phone within reasonable distance (work reasons).

If I ever forget my watch I feel lost and then realise how often I normally look without realising!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rarely look at my mobile phone - can't stand the bl**dy things.
Always wear a watch, unless I'm on holiday, when I won't watch TV or read a paper, and since most pubs are now open all day, I don't need to know the time!

If I ever forget my watch I feel lost and then realise how often I normally look without realising!

I know exactly what you mean, last year my watch stopped going and it took me a day or two to get another, and even though I had my phone, I was lost kept looking at my bare wrist for the time. It's amazing how often you check your watch without realising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't wear a watch and haven't done so for about 10 - 15 years maybe. However as a lover of technology I'm quite tempted by smartwatches and/or one of those fitness tracker bands (e.g. FitBit) to record my heart rate when I'm out running etc. so I maybe returning to watch wearing sometime soon!

I wear one, have a bit of a collection to be honest 30 or so Gshocks, with a few automatics for formal occasions.

I have 3,2 of which are automatic but never wear due too the nature of my work.Wear my wedding ring but if ever get electrocuted the less jewelry the better due to burns.

Sent from my ALE-L21

Whilst I voted yes as when I wake I put my watch on and before bed take it off. However come Friday night at the end of the working day I take my watch off and don't put it on until Monday morning.

I am time pressured enough Monday to Friday at work, I enjoy the weekends without it.

Mainly for work, love taking it off during the holidays but much prefer a watch to checking my phone.

Oh God am I feeling old!!

So today, when a watch can tell the time to within a second anywhere in the world, it becomes a "Fashion Accessory"! :doh:

I can still remember the days when time was described as being "about half-past" or "coming up "X" o'clock" ... :whistle:

... and if you owned a watch that didn't lose or gain more than ten minutes a day you bragged about it to your mates! :thumb:

Changed times ... :doh:

... and not always for the better I might add! :lol:

PS

Forgot to answer the question so ...

"Yes! From 10 seconds after waking in the morning to ten seconds before going to bed at night!"​

NO! Watches aren't for me...I like the idea, I like the look and the various styles,engineering etc...but I cannot wear one...I could not get myself to try one on...they are,for me, best left in shop windows. ..

Cheers

Clint

Back