Parcelforce always leave with a neighbour...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
...except the only time I've had liquid yeast as part of my order.

Looks like I'm making a 50-odd mile round trip to their Perth depot tomorrow then! Disgraceful they don't have a depot in Scotland's 4th biggest city!

Think yourself lucky - if left with my neighbours they'd have tried smoking it.

My neighbours are good and don't mind taking in a 12kg box, especially since I usually give them a bottle to say thanks. I can only assume either none of them were in or the driver thought it was too heavy to leave with a neighbour.

my neighbours work different shifts to me, that's why they are in when i'm out. :-(

it takes ages to get parcels back despite saying on orders - do not leave with neighbours. - parcelFARCE are to damn keen to dump the parcel anywhere :-(:-(

my neighbours work different shifts to me, that's why they are in when i'm out. :-(

it takes ages to get parcels back despite saying on orders - do not leave with neighbours. - parcelFARCE are to damn keep to dump the parcel anywhere :-(:-(

I wish mine would be keen to "dump the parcel anywhere", it would save me the journey!

Think yourself lucky - if left with my neighbours they'd have tried smoking it.

Smoked it, some of the creatures that inhabit our local town would of smoked it, the packaging and you if they could dry you out ! (no inference to your drinking habits):lol: Parcel force are not one of the better postal delivery services.

Got back about half an hour ago, yeast has gone straight in the fridge. Pleased with a Geterbrewed again, they fixed my cock up for me (accidentally selected uncrushed for my pale malt), and despite having to do a 60 mile round trip to collect my order, Parcelforce were spot on they'd even pulled my parcel out of the back ready for collection.

I can't fault geterbrewed, their customer service has been great and they have fixed and compensated any issues.

My last parcel was so badly mis-handled by parcel force one of the grain bags had split and was leaking through "one" of holes in the box, to top it off it was left on my door step after a failed re-delivery.

Now on first name terms with the supervisor at the Edinburgh depot who was very apologetic and helpful. When letting geterbrewed know they had a complaint, as advised by the Edinburgh supervisor, I let them know I would prefer to see them change couriers in future...

Couldn't be happier with the service from DPD on behalf of Maltmiller. Mo, my delivery driver, is genuinely great and will always make sure that my parcels end up with a neighbour or well hidden and protected from the elements in the garden if not.

I prefer dpd too.

to be fair to parcelfarce the last delivery wasn't very well packed which when sent via PF it's only going to end badly.

I send all my bottles out via po/pf £2.85 service and they all arrive in one piece, as I say PF just can't take a simple instruction.

Mrs DOJ wont let me put a sign outside, because she thinks it would be a bit too passive/agressive or upset the neighbours :doh:

Count yourself lucky. Hermes used to throw my parcels over the fence. Once a media player that landed in a bucket of water!
Hermes round our way are useless.
Had two parcels in as many weeks "Left in a secure location".
Trouble is that it's so secure that I still haven't found them...

I've only just realised that the Home Brew Shop used Parcel Force to deliver my Malt Mill and 25kg of Maris Otter Malt in the middle of last month.

I knew the weight of the parcel so I asked the driver to carry it up the drive to my door.

He did more than that, he humped the parcel all the way up the drive, down the side of the house, into the back garden and delivered it to the side door in the garage; which is where I do my brewing.

I guess most companies have good and bad employees; and I got a good one on that day! :thumb:

Back