Proud to have her on your side?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted to remain for economic reasons but I am not sure whether you and certain media outlets are trying to make out that she is stupid? From that clip she is actually saying that she wanted to leave because of what she sees as "silly rules" or in otherwords bureaucracy. That isn't a reason to laugh at her is it? To be concerned that you are in a system which concerns itself with rules over say justice or common sense? I am always challenged on my views as I study and know more about the world and I really dislike the way we are lead into bleiving things are good or bad depending on how the media decide we should think. Let's just accept that we all think differently about things.

Hi!
I think this illustrates the fact that many who voted in the referendum made their choice based upon superficial or "insignificant" reasons, without considering the full implication of their decision. This lady has believed the media hype about bananas without challenging it.

I voted to remain for economic reasons but I am not sure whether you and certain media outlets are trying to make out that she is stupid? From that clip she is actually saying that she wanted to leave because of what she sees as "silly rules" or in otherwords bureaucracy. That isn't a reason to laugh at her is it? To be concerned that you are in a system which concerns itself with rules over say justice or common sense? I am always challenged on my views as I study and know more about the world and I really dislike the way we are lead into bleiving things are good or bad depending on how the media decide we should think. Let's just accept that we all think differently about things.

Very much this, I really struggled with making any vote on the brexit (thought both campaigns were a disgrace) couldn't pick a side in the end.

Now I just cannot wait for us to leave and be over with it because I find every day the bitterness from both ends just goes on and on.. You seem a rare case to me of accepting people just have a difference view or believe of the best way forward. We are just going to go back and forward over this for years and threads like this will go on and on and on and on.

This whole thing has caused big rifts in my family and its taboo with certain members to have the same arguments over and over..

I have started to come to sympathise with the leaver side of my family who just like remain seem to have very valid reasons for why they want to leave. Whilst I am sure there is a lot of intolerance in a lot of people who votes leave , I find the intolerance and ignorance just as much if not more from a lot of people who voted remain with anyone who doesn't share their opinion. As well as double standards- leave won remain go on matches and protests to challenge and use their freedom of speech ect I am cool with that.. I just know if remain won and leave protested they would be condemned as nasty people by those who would fight for the freedom of speech.. The irony is lost on them..

I voted leave because my mrs told me to....happy wife...happy life!
I think if she is happy with her reason for voting then so be it.
They (europe) will still be queuing up to sell us straight bananas,bent courgettes or ice burglar lettuce...or whatever else because ,face it, who else is going to buy them?
The countries of Europe will not shut their industries down because their faces will then be without a nose. The price may change,for a while,but demand controls price and the nasty englanders love their out of season produce and fancy motors..
That's my simple look on things. ..
It may of course all go to sh1t but then we were all "warned" and still decided to vote out regardless due to the corrupt unelected European leadership we all love...probably!

Cheers

Clint

Ye it's amusing and annoying in equal measure how the Remainers simply cannot accept that they lost, fair and square. Time to pipe down and move on. We don't get this sort of nonsense after general elections, though a trend of sorts appears to have started,what with the shenanigans in the US as well. Tell you what let's just not bother anymore.

There's nuthin' worse than a straight banana.

Er... try "No bananas" like we had no petrol, no toilet paper, no electricity, no candles, no work and no a lot of other things back in the 70's before we joined the EU and in the early years of membership.

With regard to "can't accept that we lost" I think most Remainers are just waiting for the aftermath that takes us back to the way things were ...

... and at the same time praying fervently that we were wrong to vote "Remain"!

Give it a rest guys.... you lost,its over. If your car broke down in the middle of nowhere would you stand there moaning and wailing about the injustice and unfairness of it all or take steps to remedy the situation? All options available except turning back the clock. I think a lot of remainers are of the mindset of trying their damndest to make sure this doesn't work just so they can say they were right.

Er... try "No bananas" like we had no petrol, no toilet paper, no electricity, no candles, no work and no a lot of other things back in the 70's before we joined the EU and in the early years of membership.

With regard to "can't accept that we lost" I think most Remainers are just waiting for the aftermath that takes us back to the way things were ...

... and at the same time praying fervently that we were wrong to vote "Remain"!

To be fair there was a lot of bad **** happening in the 70's and economically GB was a basket case. I think those days are long gone.

With the greater expansion of the EU of which the UK was in flavor of (the eastern European countries) The EU still hasn't solved issues related to these. The further expansion and issues related to it around and the financial crash have all been a bit too much.

The chances of reform of the EU were/are at present zero. Didn't DC try and end up with a slap in the face?

As for banana's straight or not there's a nasty something or other going round, it might be we'll be glad of bananas regardless of how straight they are or otherwise :-) we may only have class 2 bananas in the future :doh:

Here's a good one. :thumb:

1. NPower (a German owned company) announce that they will be raising UK prices by 15% from March.

2. The Shadow Chancellor responds by committing Labour to putting a cap on power prices if they get elected.

3. The Government responds by saying Labour's plans would "crash the economy".

My question is simple.

"Why will capping the profits of a German owned power company
'crash the economy' of a country about to leave the EU?"
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Seriously folks. It really is beyond my comprehension! :lol:

NPower (a German owned company) announce that they will be raising UK prices by 15% from March.

If that is the case all their customers should switch you do not have to pay it!

How much would they have raised it if there was no Brexit or do you honestly think they are only raising it because of brexit.

If that is the case all their customers should switch you do not have to pay it!

How much would they have raised it if there was no Brexit or do you honestly think they are only raising it because of brexit.

My dislike of privatising essential services precedes the In/Out Referendum by about 30 years; all the way back from when we used to own the Power Companies and profits went to the UK Treasury to offset our taxes and not to foreign investors!

The privatisation programme had absolutely nothing to do with the EU. It was all down to the UK politicians of the time; who promised a "Regulator" who would look after the interests of the public.

So what has Ofgem done? Up to now absolutely nothing.

The system really is beyond my comprehension. Sorry. :doh:

Maybe our money isn't good enough for them, cos they won't be seeing much of it if they put prices up like that. Ah well, they can shove their gas back up their pipeline.

Give it a rest guys.... you lost,its over. If your car broke down in the middle of nowhere would you stand there moaning and wailing about the injustice and unfairness of it all or take steps to remedy the situation? All options available except turning back the clock. I think a lot of remainers are of the mindset of trying their damndest to make sure this doesn't work just so they can say they were right.

This is part of the problem - it's not you and us - WE all lost and are stepping out of an institution that we know has some imperfections in to WHAT?

Equate this with your own personal life , someone says you don't like your job so just walk away and I'm sure something will turn up. Not many people would vote for that level of personal uncertaintly. This is why a lot of the people who voted to remain have genuine doubts about the future because it is simply unknown for all of us those who voted in and those who voted out.

It's not really possible to "let it go" as it affects everyone's life from here on in , so what you are saying is it was a one of vote, you lost so shut up and put up with the fall out?

It's not really possible to "let it go" as it affects everyone's life from here on in , so what you are saying is it was a one of vote, you lost so shut up and put up with the fall out?

Nope- I'm saying the die has been cast so let's quit the wailing and moaning and dire predictions etc etc, and make it work instead of throwing the towel in right from the off,and engendering such an air of negativity and resentment that failure is almost guaranteed.

I'm saying the die has been cast so let's quit the wailing and moaning and dire predictions

This is what is annoying me it is all negative prediction from the stay lot, as you say it has started it is not going to stop so wait and see then come back and gloat if it all goes wrong.

This is what is annoying me it is all negative prediction from the stay lot, as you say it has started it is not going to stop so wait and see then come back and gloat if it all goes wrong.

And maybe (shock! horror!) things could turn out better than anyone could have dreamed. Some folk aren't even prepared to entertain that possibilty, through some arcane logic. One thing's for sure - the majority of folk were fed up of things as they were and voted accordingly. There's really nothing to argue about and to get on with the job in hand.

And maybe (shock! horror!) things could turn out better than anyone could have dreamed. Some folk aren't even prepared to entertain that possibilty, through some arcane logic. One thing's for sure - the majority of folk were fed up of things as they were and voted accordingly. There's really nothing to argue about and to get on with the job in hand.

...and there is thee rub, MAYBE, it's all land of milk and honey and could be, might be, possibly, what way is that to run a country? Anyone who expresses any opinion on leaving the EU is immediately shot down in flames a s negative and anti democratic. have you ever stopped and thought that, yes, it is going ahead but some people want a reasoned argument about where we go not just a we won so you shut up attitude. it's not all fear some of it is genuine concern for the people with their head in the clouds, those of the resurgent Great Britain!

Going back to the original topic, when you get the people who are running this show including Boris spouting lies on TV about laws against straight bananas then you start to worry if the lunatics really HAVE taken over the asylum ( sorry for using the word asylum, i forgot that you voted out to get rid of all those asylum seekers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back