The Very Friendly Indian Man

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin54

Landlord.
Reaction score
A charming Indian man phoned me today, to say that my computer was corrupted.
I thought this scam died ages ago....obviously not. Anyway I strung him along for 10 minute, just to waste his time.When he asked me what it said on the screen I said
APPLE....NOW FECK OFF
He was polite enough to say 'Sorry, thank you very much'!!

You should have told him you were a nigerian prince and that you needed his bank details to save the country :lol:
Brilliant. I wish I could think of things like that at the spur of the moment:mrgreen:

I had a call from a lovely lady today asking me if knew i could claim for mis-sold PPI, where would you have been for the last couple of years if the answer to that question was no :-?

I don't bother to answer any more i just put the phone down.

I've had the computer scam a number of times, and I string them along as well, add a bit of fun to the day! Fed up with PPI calls also.
Only got the African ones at work though the usual 'My father was the finance minister and there's 6 million USD in a special account you can have half if you give me x amount £ and bla bla bla.
Another one is the 'I'm from Microsoft, or your phone / internet provider, and we are showing that your computer has a virus, can you switch it on and let us log into it to cure it' my reply is 'up yours pal' and put the phone down.
Cheers!

My son who worked for FOS (financial ombudsman service) said to me ...You have PPI
he was right, only because I broke my leg a few years ago (long story, but comical)
I got the forms from RBS jumped thru a lot of hoops, mainly a lazy GP who's a complete ******, and
I got #2500 pounds.
Cancelled it afterwards!!

You are lucky he was friendly, 2 weeks ago I was threatened by one of those calls - they can now 'target' your number if you kick off. Sure enough we've been plagued by them.....I've just blocked all with-held numbers now, sick of it.

Col P.

You are lucky he was friendly, 2 weeks ago I was threatened by one of those calls - they can now 'target' your number if you kick off. Sure enough we've been plagued by them.....I've just blocked all with-held numbers now, sick of it.

Col P.

just put your phone on the side for a few hours not back in the cradle, there line is not usable until you put your phone back on the cradle. :whistle:

I had a call from a lovely lady today asking me if knew i could claim for mis-sold PPI, where would you have been for the last couple of years if the answer to that question was no :-?

I don't bother to answer any more i just put the phone down.
you should have said yes...
but only in exchange for some hot and dirty sex

I got a call saying in his best African voice "Hello I am Michael from Microsoft" and I stole a line from Noel Coward saying to him " Of course you are my dear man" before I hung up!

Col P.
Leave the answering machine on

A friend of mind had the same call a couple of years ago. He let the guy prattle on for a good ten minutes before he said "but I don't have a computer ".
We have 'call minder' on our phone, cuts out virtually all the **** calls...

Hi!
I simply say continually, "Hello? Hello? I can't hear you."
I some times get them to hang on and then shove the phone in the speakers playing some horrid rock music at full volume. And i mean LOUD:grin:

We have 'call minder' on our pho ne, cuts out virtually all the **** calls...
We have a call blocker thingy too.:thumb:
Dodgy number - don't answer it, just block it.
PPI/'Energy Savings'/'Can I speak to Mr XXX who left eight years ago' - just block it
The number of calls we receive from these nuisance callers has dropped dramatically since we installed it.

We have a call blocker thingy too.:thumb:
Dodgy number - don't answer it, just block it.
PPI/'Energy Savings'/'Can I speak to Mr XXX who left eight years ago' - just block it
The number of calls we receive from these nuisance callers has dropped dramatically since we installed it.
or just tel them you rent...works as well

We get a few calls in work...I'm in a machine room with just another bloke. They give us a dab radio for company so can get all the stations. One time the phone goes, we know it's an outside line due to the tone so usually think it's family calling as the number isn't freely available. Anyhow it's a nice Indian man...I get ino conversation and ask him if he likes music...planet rock on the radio playing whitesnake or something. ..so he gets it full volume! Amazingly he says he is loving if and wants some more!! To which I obliged..then I hung up.

We get a few calls in work...I'm in a machine room with just another bloke. They give us a dab radio for company so can get all the stations. One time the phone goes, we know it's an outside line due to the tone so usually think it's family calling as the number isn't freely available. Anyhow it's a nice Indian man...I get ino conversation and ask him if he likes music...planet rock on the radio playing whitesnake or something. ..so he gets it full volume! Amazingly he says he is loving if and wants some more!! To which I obliged..then I hung up.
give them some Sitar Music:lol:

.............I've just blocked all with-held numbers now, sick of it.

I withhold the numbers of both mobile phones and my home phone.

It causes a few problems with friends and relatives but as most of them have answer machines we just leave a message and they ring us back ...

... at their expense of course! :whistle: :whistle:

The home phone is also ex-Directory so any call that has someone on the end of it (as opposed to a recorded message) gets an immediate "Where did you get this number?" ...

... and regardless of the reply "This is an ex-directory number and I want to talk to your manager."

In any event (caller or manager) I follow it up with "This is an emergency number and not to be used for calls." but don't specify the emergency.

In the last six months we have only received two spurious calls (one from "Microsoft" and one from "TalkTalk") so it seems to work. :thumb:

Im registered with the Telephone Preference Service for both my home and mobile numbers. Its very rare I get these calls now. When I do there are a couple of ways of dealing with it. The polite one is just to say I'm registered with teh PTS so no legitimate company would phone me, therefore you must not be legitimate.

The second is to politely and in your best posh voice say "My wife deals with that sort of thing. If you wouldn't mind holding for a minute I'll just pop in the other room and get her" then put the phone down on the side, usually next to the TV so the sound from that covers most other sounds, but do NOT hang up. Then shout in your best chav accent "Oi, you f***ing slag, get your fat f***ing **** in here, theres some c**t on the phone for you." If they havent hung up, every few minutes shout various abuse littered with plenty of expletives, remember the more colourful the better, and every now and then pick up the phone and in your best posh voice (again) say something like "Terribly sorry to keep you waiting she's just coming" and similar.

Back