Hi everyone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlunsAle

Reaction score
I'm Alun from South Wales and new to this. I started home brewing last year with some good and some not so good results. The two beers I did ,a Geordie Mild and a John Bull IPA were just great but my lagers were up and down so I decided I need some help, so here I am.

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome...looking forward to learning a lot from you boys in my quest to making a new hobby into a dream hobby...thanks again

Welcome,

Lager kits unless fermented with a true lager yeast and good temp control are really only going to be a light ale type brew. The first few I did, whilst drinkable are nothing like the lagers I have done within a brew fridge and proper yeast. Oh and like Dutto says a whole heap of time and patience.:thumb:

Welcome,

Lager kits unless fermented with a true lager yeast and good temp control are really only going to be a light ale type brew. The first few I did, whilst drinkable are nothing like the lagers I have done within a brew fridge and proper yeast. Oh and like Dutto says a whole heap of time and patience.:thumb:

I second this...
Getting my ferm fridges and knowing the temps etc is the difference when the lads say (sorry for the Geordie!) "aye the first lagers were alreet! But your grolsch clone is emazing pal!"
Chuffed ta bits with the lagers and the beers so far.

Back