Bit of DIY help required

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
son just moved into his new flat and wants to change the euro lock on the entrance door for obvious reasons,now ive changed them before but never come across one that has no obvious retaining screw to hold the euro lock in place.has anyone seen similar and how do you release the bloody thing so it can be slid out.your help would be most appreciated:thumb:

16754206_10154172389035877_283euro lock.jpg

Have you tried removing the two visible screws in the picture to see if they are holding a decorative faceplate that is hiding the machine screw that holds the cylinder in place?

this is the standard lock looking at it from the edge of the door and the 3rd screw down is the retaining screw for the euro lock in the other picture in the opening post is the door edge on my sons flat with what looks like two studs instead of the retaining screw

eurolock[1].jpg

Have you tried removing the two visible screws in the picture to see if they are holding a decorative faceplate that is hiding the machine screw that holds the cylinder in place?
nope im loathe to mess until I have a grasp on the arrangement just in case

I recon bigjas is on the money...I replaced the lock on my old patio door and this was the access point...if unsure just undo them and gently pull the face plate off keeping it aligned.

Cheers

Clint

Recommend Avocet ABS. Quite pricey but Snap proof. It's alarming how quick a scumbag can gain entry with "normal" lock. 30 secs with a pair on mole grips!!!!
Grrrr...... Scum Bags!!!!

So, its just a decorative face plate covering the release screw,does the two screws hold the lock in place though as well? as I don't want the whole shooting match tumbling out in my hands:thumb:

Hi!
My experience of sashlocks is a great tugging and pulling to get them out, rather than them tumbling out.
If there is a faceplate, unscrewing the two screws that are showing will reveal two more screws holding the lock into the door.
If the two screws are actually holding the lock into the door, taking them out will simply allow the lock to be released.
The lock will not move until the handles and the spindle are removed. Nothing's going to spring out at you.
Try this; https://www.safe.co.uk/safezone/2014/10/video-how-to-replace-a-sashlock/
Colin

Latest posts

Back