Selection Chocolate Orange Port?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personal choice but to me chocolate orange and port don't go together :nono: :nono:

I love port and i love terry's chocolate orange and but I don't think i could eat one whilst drinking port.

But as i say each to there own.

I'm interested as well! Was looking at getting the kit a couple of months ago as I wanted to start with kits.

Would love to know what this is like as it's a bit of an investment!

I made the chocolate raspberry one last year and was well impressed with it.

All juice kit which requires no water addition. sugar, flavour packs, etc all included as well as labels for the bottles.

Cracked the first bottle open when it was only 2 months old and well enjoyed it. I've managed to keep the rest (minus a few bottles for family / friends) hidden away in the back of the dining room cabinet.

Looking forward to seeing how it has improved over a year when i open the next one this christmas.

I'm suprised they are still available to buy as i'm sure these kits are only available for a few months a year.

I may have to get one of these then and get it brewed ready for xmas next year I reckon! :cheers:

keevan said:

All juice kit which requires no water addition. sugar, flavour packs, etc all included as well as labels for the bottles.

Cracked the first bottle open when it was only 2 months old and well enjoyed it. I've managed to keep the rest (minus a few bottles for family / friends) hidden away in the back of the dining room cabinet.

Looking forward to seeing how it has improved over a year when i open the next one this christmas.

I'm suprised they are still available to buy as i'm sure these kits are only available for a few months a year.

Would it be ok to make this in a 25 litre FV?

Pearlfisher said:
keevan said:

Would it be ok to make this in a 25 litre FV?

25lt is a bit big. The fermenter is opened a few times to add the extra sugar and add the flavour pack. This would leave a big airspace which could cause oxidation. I may be wrong as i'm not really a wine maker. Someone more experienced should be able to clarify this.

If i recall correctly this made about 11 or 12 litres. Tescos used to sell 15lt bottles of water which i what i used. Not ideal but it was the best i could come up with without paying a fortune for a 3 gallon better bottle. I've had a quick trawl through the website but i can't see them anymore.

You could always buy two and use a 25lt bucket :D

Back