Top Gear - Evans quits.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I stopped watching when they they decided it would be a good idea to let the crowd in and it became more about them and the presenters than cars.
They are discussing it now saying it may move back to being more about the cars.
Do you still watch if not did you stop for the same reasons, will you watch again if it does go back to being more about the cars?

I stopped watching about 6 years ago, it was so orchestrated it became a bit absurd to me and I just felt like they were trying too hard to be childish and in the end it just wasn't entertaining for me..

Whats the new series like?? I probably won't go back to it.. I don't mind a bit of the presenters and some of the challenges and stuff, I think their egos got a bit too big before and it became a bit .. panto.

I know a lot of people really treasure it though

I'm a big car fan and used to love Top Gear. I would look forward to each series and I knew what to expect. It got a bit samey over the last few years but I enjoyed the trio of Clarkson, Hammond and May arsing about, even though it was obviously scripted. When Clarkson cocked it up and got the sack, I felt it was time for a complete change of direction for Top Gear. It needed fresh presenters, a new format and new ideas. All they did was change the presenters, everything else is just the same and it doesn't work in my opinion. I like Chris Evans on TFI Friday, but that style of presenting doesn't seem to work on Top Gear. I've stopped watching the new series as I just don't enjoy it. It will be interesting to see what Clarkson, Hammond and May do with their spin off series on Amazon Prime.

Jas

I loved the antics of James, Richard and Jeremy. Not much of a car fan but the challenges were enjoyable to watch.

They went to Ireland last week and I was looking forward to seeing it even though I can't stand anything to do with Chris Evans.
But it was so ridiculous that 2 mins in I turned it off.
Do they know anything about cars on the new top gear?
I felt even I knew more and trust me that's not a lot

This season was rubbish I fell asleep during every episode the frill of the old trio has all gone but I'm glad Chris Evans has jumped before he was pushed the show needs a controversial figure to lead it in the right direction maybe farage he's not doing anything now

Top Gear without clarkson, May and Hammond isn't top gear. The show should have been scrapped and a new show with a different format to suit the presenters should have been made. That said I'm backing Guy Martin to replace Evans. :grin:

Clarkson is an absolute genius!

Who else took a boring "Car show" and made it the best selling BBC franchise EVER worldwide? The cinematography was incredible along with editing and slick scripting made a show to watch never mind the cars, The Specials are incredible all of them. Hammond and May were just stooges used to make Clarkson look better, he picked them himself for that very reason.

Evans should stick to radio which he is good at, taking on top gear was to much "Evans in yer face"

Ive signed up for Amazon Prime just to watch the real Top Gear show.

Should have been called "Gear Knobs" though its just perfect

Back