Megadeth dystopia top third album?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi metal beerers!

sort of gave up on megadeth a few years back after the united abominations album. tbh prob missed a couple before hand (end game being one of them)
Saw them at donnington couple of weeks back and got me goin again (slightly).
was in HMV and noticed the new album (2 for £10), so went for it, the other choice was 'sylosis' which I hadn't heard of before but my misses is always trying to get me to realise theyre is other bands out there post 2000.
Anyways, im sitting here enjoying a crafty (scuse pun) beer and thinking to myself 'what a fooking amazin album!'
Any other thrash whore's thinking the same?
theres tints of cheese in the lyrics, but the political and tight/intricate musicianship outweigh this niggle leaving me pondering....this could be the almost best megadeth album ever produced after 'rust in peace' and 'count down' respectively?

or is the failure to delay self gratification (beer) taking the hold of me??

sober comments excepted..:thumb:

Interesting, I may have to check this out. Like yourself I lost interest a bit after United Abominations, there was quite a lot of **** before that even, but when they are good they're incredible! Peace sells was a personal fave when I was younger and one of the reasons I started to play guitar. I see that Chris Broderick is no longer with them which is a shame, I honestly believe he's one of the best metal guitarists about at the minute.

hello Steve yes id have to admit that too. I don't normally look at so and so v another so and so but had to see a comparison over Chris and kiko. it appears technically Chris is better but musically I think the new guy just noses it. I can see why Chris wanted to do his own thing, and as much as I admire mustaine he can come across a bit arrogant at times I can see them both having music writing clashes.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abmsrk545gk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

here's that compare link above anyway but id strongly recommend this album its only six quid on its own which is a bargain!

happy brewing

To be honest, I thought is was still a bit ****. Its their best album in years, but none of the old thrash bands cut it any more. It is a vastly superior album to the newest Anthrax one though, which an absolute disgrace.!

Get into some newer stuff. I'm a 3 months off my 40th and I still listen to new music. Get into the new Gojira album, Magma, which came out last Friday... it's the best new metal album I've heard since Machine Head's album The Blackening came out in 2007.

Thanks BiG I'll have a look at that vid later.
Notlaw I'm with you there, some of the newer suff is great and Gojira are awesome. I'm a huge fan of Meshuggah also, there are few bands who even come close to them imo. If you're not familiar with them check out their Obzen album, incredible stuff.

Thanks BiG I'll have a look at that vid later.
Notlaw I'm with you there, some of the newer suff is great and Gojira are awesome. I'm a huge fan of Meshuggah also, there are few bands who even come close to them imo. If you're not familiar with them check out their Obzen album, incredible stuff.

Been a big Meshuggah fan since I saw them supporting Destroy, Erase, Improve in .... 96 maybe? I love them, Obzen is fantastic, but I still like Destroy, Erase, Improve best of all. I remember freaking out an ex-girlfriend by playing the "I" EP in the car one time. :lol:

Good call, for a 20 year old album it sounds as fresh and brutal as ever! And "I" is epic, I can see how that would freak out an unsuspecting gf :lol:

Pagan's Mind from Norway is awesome, if you haven't heard of them, look for the song Pagan's Mind - United Alliance on the tube

I think End Game is their best since RIP, I haven't checked the new ones out yet though! So sylosis is the best in your view?

new Gojira album!?? I'm off to check that out!!! Thanks!!!

Peace Sells has always been my favorite. I stopped buying at Youthanasia.

But then I've gone through long periods where I mostly listen to my CDs or what I've been gathering on iTunes. Many of the music stations where I lived were terrible, and where I am now doesn't seem to have any rock/metal anymore for some reason.

I'm going to have to search YouTube videos! Thanks!

had a listen to the new Gojira album. pretty damn impressive. all the songs just seemed to blend so well with eachother. noticed a few trolls saying has this band gone soft, but to me this was heavy enough

cheers for expanding my metal genre lads, ill see if I can get this thru amazon/ebay as Im not one to use YouTube much, its good to check out stuff but if I like it id much prefer the cd, contributing to the bands creation etc

Latest posts

Back