new toy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobgoblin

Reaction score
just got this today �£30 of swapshop not to sure the beer kit is any good though i dont know how dates work for this stuff hoping you can all tell me

20161210_143114.jpg

20161210_143129.jpg

20161210_143144.jpg

I bet its the hops that fade in kits. Add a small Saaz tea and get some fresh yeast. Just subbed to your channel. I am envious of your building skills.

thank you for the sub and i impressed my self with what iv done so far lol
i just ordered a Brewferm Diabolo - Strong Belgian Beer Kit as i really dont think the kit in the box is going to be any good maybe some one in the know will be able to tell me if they see my post lol so ill try and make a vid of me doing this in the beer Machine got to work out how it goes together :whistle:

yeah i bought diablo as i thought put it in now after newyear should be good

I did mine in January, couldn't wait and tried one 3 weeks after bottling. It wasn't that great. Tried another in July and had improved loads. So can't wait to try in a couple of weeks.
If you brew it now, and drink in January you will not be impressed at all.

Yep - even in the Brewferm instructions they recommend 6-8 weeks, but the Triple I brewed was at its best after a year. Maybe the timings need to be quadrupled like those of other kits that suggest your beer will be ready after 7 days!

Your carbonation is fine, you are just opening the tap too far. Not sure how your previous brews have been in the pressure barrels but I open the tap to 90 degrees and then adjust slightly from there.

If you get a lot of foam, close it a bit and you should hear a change in sound as you pour. It can take a while to fill a pint glass from a PB.

Back