Cheapest place to buy grains

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LewisA

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread. I was just wondering where the cheapest place to buy grains, hops etc is? :pray:

Thanks

Lewis

Malt Miller and Geterbrewed. Crossmyloof are very good for hops and dry yeast.

As above though check out the HBC who do great value on grains.The best way to buy any is in bulk as this will save on postage plus you can mix your grains for a few brews at once reducing your orders over time and there is discount available.
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/crushed-grain-crushed-base-malt-c-69_222_223.html
https://www.geterbrewed.com/base-malts/

I’ve just received my latest order and prices are very good, make sure you order the full weights worth for the postage costs.

BTW how do I claim a discount, for the next order obviously?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brew Smarter also do a great range of grains at really good prices, and postage tends to be cheaper than most (or free if £65 or more).

Geterbrew and The Homebrew Cononley are from the Emerald Isle, how will Brexit affect supply?

The Home Brew Shop in Hampshire is one of my faves also.

Brewers Select are the cheapest I have found, if you are happy to buy a full 25kg sack. Lager and Pale malts are only £12.40 per sack.

I collect in person, so I don't know how much postage is, from other threads on here I think it might be quite high, as they are really geared up to serve the microbrewery market, delivering multiple bags per order.

They are just off the A1 at Peterborough, handy if you happen to make a north south journey now and again as I do.

If your after small amounts of malt balihoo home brew do a cheap postage rate (of about £2.50 ) up to 2kg. CML is best for hops as they dont have any postage charges. As others have said, buy base malt in 25kg sacks. Maltmiller will bag it up in 5kg amounts if your buying crushed to keep it fresh

I get my grains and hops for basic English sort of beers from the Worcester Hop Shop. We get a 5% discount as Forum users.

Latest posts

Back