Buckfast Abbey Tonic wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damfoose

Reaction score
While driving home after anevenings work at some unholy hour I decided it was a good time to listen to the Friday night comedy show from the 22 Jan up came the subject of this tonic wine made by some monks at Buckfast Abbey to say this part of the show was funny would be an understatement. Surfice to say this stuff is potent linky to the Abbey and here is some info about the wine itself or should I say tonic with a proper kick WiKi now here is the good or bad bits what ever you think of the stuff comes in a 75cl bottle hase more caffine than 5 cans of coca cola and is 14.5% proof. Potent stuff it definatley is and im putting it on my list of things to try now to find some where to get it :D

Thinking about it this stuff is made by monks who in general have taken a vow of silence so to speak ( pun intended :P ) now as they are monks and of the quiet non violence type I wonder how the head brewer / taster gets on with his day after a few tastings of the stuff :whistle: :whistle:

Is this not the same buckfast that most Scottish Wino's drink, aka Rab C Nesbits friends!

If so I would recommend trying an off licence in Blackpool.

Shane

It was all over the BBC last week linking Buckfast Tonic Wine to crime :whistle:

Sean_Mc said:
It was all over the BBC last week linking Buckfast Tonic Wine to crime :whistle:

Yes, I heard that article too.
They were asking for it to be sold in plastic bottles to remove the possibility of using the glass one as a weapon :lol:

Its effectionately know as "character changer" up here. To use it in a sentence it would go:

"Hey Mister, goany gies a boatle o yir character changer, bye ra way."

It really is awful stuff. The combination of the alcohol and caffiene causes the neds to go mental after a bottle or two. :roll:

Latest posts

Back