The landy is back on the road!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's nothing like taking a landy out for a quick "Drive it like you stole it"
sailsbury axel sir cos when i do that to mine half shaft's snap

muddydisco said:
Sorry EB this is a road car ;)

Hey up pics as requested Bru

Lucy.jpg

Lucy1.jpg

Lucy2.jpg

Lucy3.jpg

Lucy4.jpg

Now then, this is some moddy landy, what series ? the mods make it difficult to make it clear from the outside I would say a 110 0r 90 by the front grill, the windscreen is split so tells me series 3 or earlier, though pics of the gear changer tells me again it's a 90 or 110, diff lock rather than L or H range + 4 wd.

Anyone notice the hand throttle ?

Correct series 2! 1967, Range rover chassis, disco axles and gearbox and V8
No hand throttle????? what can you see that make you think that?

Bhp from the book is 198bhp when standard but I need to go playing in the ecu and plenum chamber to change the power band around now it's in a lighter vehicle

muddydisco said:
No hand throttle????? what can you see that make you think that?
Now with sober eyes it's quite plain it's something hanging from the key :?

To be honest it was converted by someone else before the points system came into effect, all I have done is put the larger engine in it, so I don't think it would qualify anymore for the plates, but this summer will be it's last on the road ( saying that it does 200 mile a year) My big disco offroader will be on the road and to save funds the racer will go back to an offroader only, trailered to events.

It's not a turbo :shock: I wish it was! :D
It's either the Transmission whine you can here or the fuel pump singing or the air going into the cavernous air intake!

Bru The supercharger is going on the disco, yes it's a diesel with a turbo but the supercharger will spool up the turbo before it comes into power then the supercharger will disengage, giving full boost pressure throughout the rev range, just think of the torque in that!

I shall post as it gets built, at the moment it's just a chassis in the workshop once the Chassis mods are done it's having a full paint then running gear with twisty bits and then the lump and box on it. once at that stage it's going outside undercover whilst the body is strenghtend and moddied on the floor and fully painted underneath then the two will mate!

:party: Love it!! I love landies, yet to be able to justify an extra 4 wheeled vehicle but a landy would be my weapon of choice - you can shove your sportscars where the sun dont shine :cheers:

I guy i know travels all round doing competitions (Ian Archer) he loves it

Latest posts

Back