Black Sabbath

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if you're passing. I've been out of the game for a while, hoping to brew again soon, later this week maybe.

My efficiency has been naff last 2 brews. What was the recipe for this based on an efficiency of out of interest as will need to alter quantities to make it up to required strength.

Sabbath recipe is 10l. I just doubled it all to make 20l. But my gravity would be under the predicted OG due to my naff efficiency and then not making as strong a brew as it should.

Sabbath recipe is 10l. I just doubled it all to make 20l. But my gravity would be under the predicted OG due to my naff efficiency and then not making as strong a brew as it should.

Ah get ya, didn't realise I missed the efficiency off the recipe - it was 77%.

Yeah possibly. Got the grains crushed for BIAB last 2 brews. Will try a longer 2nd dunk next time and see if can get more out. Worst can happen is its just a stronger beer. Think I could live with that.

Yeah possibly. Got the grains crushed for BIAB last 2 brews. Will try a longer 2nd dunk next time and see if can get more out. Worst can happen is its just a stronger beer. Think I could live with that.

How much water in the mash, and in the dunk? Do you stir?

Been storing every 20min during mash. Will try a longer 2nd dunk next time. Beers still taste good though. Just under expected strength is all.

Meant to say, I had some friends round for a beer-tasting evening. Eight of my brews, quite a mixed bag. Black Sabbath won hands down!

Latest posts

Back