Ships with no crew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I supposed someone's got to be first. I remember reading about the first recorded death from smoking in the early 17th Century (I didnt read about it in newspaper at the time btw :D) and wondering how many people have been killed by tobacco over the centuries

Good call MQ, that stuff's poison, and I'm talking from experience. As you say, how many people over the hundreds of years had died from smoking, snuff, chewing tobacco. The Indians have a crystalline form of tobacco that you put under your tongue to dissolve. Let's face it the tobacco companies could learn lessons in morals and ethics from heroin dealers but in the final analysis nobody put a gun to anybody's head to take whatever they're taking.

Good call MQ, that stuff's poison, and I'm talking from experience. As you say, how many people over the hundreds of years had died from smoking, snuff, chewing tobacco. The Indians have a crystalline form of tobacco that you put under your tongue to dissolve. Let's face it the tobacco companies could learn lessons in morals and ethics from heroin dealers but in the final analysis nobody put a gun to anybody's head to take whatever they're taking.

You've probably seen all the E-cigarette shops springing up all over the big smoke (see what I did there :D), In a few years time we'll be getting the stats about how safe, or not so safe E-smoking is, I dont doubt

Give it a few years so the government can tax them to death then it will come out how bad/good they are.

?????? not sure what you mean mate

I heard on the radio earlier that this is what they think went wrong (obviously too early to tell for sure)

in that case driverless grey cars will smash into each other thinking its just another British summer's day lol. i can see the carnage already

Looks like its not too early to say.

Following our standard practice, Tesla informed NHTSA about the incident immediately after it occurred. What we know is that the vehicle was on a divided highway with Autopilot engaged when a tractor trailer drove across the highway perpendicular to the Model S. Neither Autopilot nor the driver noticed the white side of the tractor trailer against a brightly lit sky, so the brake was not applied. The high ride height of the trailer combined with its positioning across the road and the extremely rare circumstances of the impact caused the Model S to pass under the trailer, with the bottom of the trailer impacting the windshield of the Model S. Had the Model S impacted the front or rear of the trailer, even at high speed, its advanced crash safety system would likely have prevented serious injury as it has in numerous other similar incidents.

Yep you have to be seriously retarded to let go of the wheel, take your eyes off the road and ponder your demise.

Makes me wonder how they get the money to buy a tesla in the first place.

Even trains on tracks have drivers

So, your in a driverless car,

a child runs out right in front of you with no chance of stopping in time

does the car kill the child

or swerve and kill you by driving into an oncoming vehicle or into a wall or pavement FULL of children???

its not looking good is it!

or swerve and kill you by driving into an oncoming vehicle or into a wall or pavement FULL of children???

I agree, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

The car runs the child over in an attempt to avoid running over a cat spooked by the child, drives itself into a wall, thereby killing you, the wall collapses onto the pavement full of children killing them all :mrgreen:

Or the car self destructs as it has calculated in the resulting lawsuit it is the cheapest option for the manufacturers. :mrgreen:

What REALLY bothers me is the Stupid that will buy these things and put MY families life at risk just so they can watch tv whilst driving.

Steven hawking is so right "Human Stupidity will destroy the Planet"

The car runs the child over in an attempt to avoid running over a cat spooked by the child, drives itself into a wall, thereby killing you, the wall collapses onto the pavement full of children killing them all :mrgreen:

simple answer to that problem get rid of cats. Apart from the ones that don't **** in my garden. :mrgreen:

simple answer to that problem get rid of cats. Apart from the ones that don't **** in my garden. :mrgreen:

Good idea!
Once I was cycling home, there was a car almost parallel to me just a bit in front. A cat ran out in front of me, which I managed to avoid but it realized it couldnt get across the road because of the almost parallel car so turned around and ran back (again in front of me) to the pavement almost causing me to have a crash

Or the car self destructs as it has calculated in the resulting lawsuit it is the cheapest option for the manufacturers. :mrgreen:

According to legend that solution has already been used! Remember the DC10 made by McDonnel Douglas?

It had a faulty back door and legend has it that some bright spark at the company did a "Cost v Benefit" analysis and concluded that the cost of having two aircraft full of passengers fall out of the sky would be cheaper than grounding all of the DC10s in order to rectify the problem.

Shortly thereafter, in 1974, a Turkish Airlines DC-10 crashed 10 minutes after taking off from Paris, killing 346 people. Modifications to all DC-10 cargo doors were ordered by the US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA).

I remember it well because on the same day my Mum was returning from holiday and flying via Paris!

Check out ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26259236

... especially if you already don't like flying! :whistle: :whistle:

Good idea!
Once I was cycling home, there was a car almost parallel to me just a bit in front. A cat ran out in front of me, which I managed to avoid but it realized it couldnt get across the road because of the almost parallel car so turned around and ran back (again in front of me) to the pavement almost causing me to have a crash

Going north in convoy with a mate to Oban during the night I noticed in my rear-view mirror that he swerved violently as we passed through a village called Balloch.

We stopped shortly thereafter and I asked him why he had swerved. "It was a cat." he replied "I had to mount the pavement to get it." :whistle: :whistle:

According to legend that solution has already been used! Remember the DC10 made by McDonnel Douglas?

Used to make quite a lot of parts for them :whistle:
- NOT door gear :thumb:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein :grin:

Latest posts

Back