Polystyrene Bottle Packaging (a la Dads_ale's bottle swap)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notlaw

Dubbel Dragon
Reaction score
Anyone interested in getting some more of those boxes that dads_ale used for his bottle swap. If you buy 15, they work out just under 3 quid a pop. If 3 of us fancy 5 each, i'll get them and send on your 5 to you from my work.

click here

hi Notlaw,

would be interested and was looking at this myself and found these:
http://www.packaging2buy.co.uk/bottle-packaging-two-bottle.html
look same sort of pricing and if you can send two bottle for the same �£2.85 small parcel postage would that be better?

chris

The only thing to watch out for on the double bottle packaging is the 2kg weight limit on small parcels. I know that two of the single packs weighs just above 2kg with glass 500ml bottles.

0f289321a2195116f1eece58aea27cb3.jpg

Really should get around to using these

I'd take 3 if you want to do 3 between 5.

Or some other combo if they have other options.

Sorry - missed this.
I'd be up for a few , 3 sounds good, but I wouldn't mind either way.

All you need do is, everytime you make a beer, post one to me. That'll soon use em up. I'll PM you my address ;)

This was obviously a joke, but....Niman actually did send me some beer! :D
Two bottles of Brown Porter which I'm looking forward to testing out this eve.

The packaging is a double barrel affair so you can send two bottles rather than just the one. Niman told me to re-use the packaging. So rather than just sending some beer back to him I'm going to do a 'pay it forward' style bottle swap/pass on. Where I'll send some beer to a forumite and that forumite will send some beer to another, and so on until the packaging is useless.
I've recently bottled a Smoked Porter so I think I'm be sending that but it needs a bit more conditioning (I'm guessing a total of 4 weeks) to mellow out the smokyness a bit.When it's ready I'll do a thread

Thanks again Niman for free beer. Top bloke :thumb:

Evening
Just wondered if this is likely to go ahead, or if there's any update?
:cheers:

Back