Any Italians here?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions, I have just landed on lake como for a weeks holiday.

The villa had Italian satellite tv. What channel can I get the euros on? Want to watch Wales tomorrow. I have done a quick Google and rai sports are covering it but couldn't see tonight's game on it earlier.

Secondly can you recommend some nice beers?

Hit a big supermarket earlier and they had a massive range but didn't have time to look properly because it was late and little one was knackered. Did see some hobgoblin and tennents scotch ale though.

Im not Italian, but have spent a lot of time, all over Italy. Cant help you with the football, try asking a local. Translate the question into Italian, Italians really do appreciate it if you try to use their language.
As for beer...Italians arent renowned for their beers (Peroni and Nasti Goering are available everywhere). Stick to the local white wine.

I had a nice malty pale ale from Sicily in Zizis a couple of months ago. I can't remember what it was called though so I'm no help really!

Theres a really nice craft brewery near Como called Birrifico Italiano and they do a fantastic pilsner called Tipopils. It's really good. Also look out for a BIPA called Space Invader by a brewery called Birrifico Toccalmatto, which is based in Fidenza, about 100 miles away from Como. I saw it loads of places in Milan, so you should get it in Como.

Thanks all. Yes that me in my profile picture. lol

We are more near lecco. Just picked up a range of beers. Mostly Italian and some Weiss from Germany.

According to tripadvisor the no 1 in my village is the herba monstrum brewery. A lovely looking brew pub. Class. Will pop there next and hopefully they do takeaway beers.

Latest posts

Back