Baby shot in head with air rifle at block of flats in Bristol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope this turns out to be an accident and the baby lives, i cannot imagine what would make someone in their twenties do this if it wasn't.

A baby boy is in a critical condition after being shot in the head with an air rifle.
It is believed the one-year-old was shot at a block of flats in Bishport Avenue, Hartcliffe, Bristol, just after 16:10 BST on Friday.
The child was taken to Bristol Children's Hospital with a serious head injury.
A man, 24, and a woman, 23, who are not related to the baby, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
'Tragic incident'
Police said they were trying to "ascertain the events that led to this tragic incident".
Det Insp Jonathan Deane, from Avon and Somerset Police, said: "We are carrying out inquiries at the scene to establish what happened, but clearly these are very tragic circumstances.
"We have a trained liaison officer with the family of the child and they will be kept updated on the progress of our investigation."
He added they were aware the incident would have an "impact on the wider community" and asked anyone with concerns to contact their neighbourhood team.

The mind boggles!

I too hope it a survivable accident rather than an "intended act" or (probably worse) a "game".

I do know that in today's world a lot of people just don't seem to realise how powerful an air-gun can be. (i.e. A gun that can punch a hole through a rabbits fur and skin at 30 metres will easily puncture a person.)

Back