Driving while using a mobile phone ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RoSPA's research shows it's just as dangerous as driving drunk, even with a hands free kit. As a driver and cyclist (and a health and safety person - yeah yeah, I've heard it all before...) it makes me genuinely angry to see people unable to put the phone down in the car. There needs to be a serious change in legislation to deal with it.

Has anyone here ever reported someone for doing it and if so what was the outcome.

I suppose it was all part of the "austerity measures" but they have stopped doing a wonderful advert on the subject.

As far as I recall, a lady answers her home phone, starts talking to whoever is calling and then suddenly asks "Are you driving?"

There is a pause as the she gets the answer and then the lady says "What was that noise?" pause "Hello? Hello? Hello?" as the view of the lady fades out to be replaced by the words "Don't use your mobile phone when driving."

Great advert and well worth whatever it cost to remind the numbnuts of what can happen!

Personally, if I see someone in my rear-view mirror using a phone I gently slow down until I am travelling at a speed where if they hit me I won't suffer any real damage; and if they are in front of me I back off to at least double my normal distance.

I've never reported anyone for the simple reason that I doubt very much that the Police would do anything about it. :nono::nono:

I normally give a stare of disgust through the rear view mirror.
the way I see it if they go into me I could report them after the incident and the police will hopefully check phone records but Im also thinkin would it be worth they're time? id like to think our taxes would warrant an investigation

shame they're isn't more ads, the ones that really hit you scuse pun

Last edited:
Back