Grain mill

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bulldog malt mill. The two rollers rotate at the same speed which helps shatter the endosperm without shredding the husk, which makes for high efficiency and an easy sparge. It is easy to set the crush size using feeler gauges and a screwdriver. For the price (£85 here), you would be hard-pressed to find anything better. Here's mine.
20170108_114057.jpg

I've got the brew builder one and its been fine so far, only one roller is powered. I saw some posts on another forum of the bulldog one failing as the internal gears are made of plastic which put me off. Might be a fine machine thou.

If your on a tight budget, I've got one like this http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Basic_Malt_Grain_Mill.html although I got mine from ebay but it's very similar. It's a bit harder work (although you can attach a drill to it. There's a piccy of @dutto 's set up floating around the forum somewhere) I can do 1kg of grain in about 10mins . Basic but does what it's supposed to do and does it well

The Bulldog one is a PITA to build, but is great when built. Using a drill I can mill 5kg in about 2 minutes. Efficiency is great. I get around 5-8 extra gravity points from my mash now that I mill my own.

Is there a guide on how to set the crush on a grain mill like this be it 2 or 3 roller?
I do BIAB and my 3-roller has a 0.032" marking on the adjustment wheel and I set it there. I can get one credit card between the rollers but not two.

Latest posts

Back